Serve as an integral member of the DND team assigned to manage HBO’s business with its MSO (cable) partners. Provide administrative support for the SVP, in addition to the VP responsible for the Comcast account. This position allows visibility to all aspects of the distribution discipline. It is a role that requires an individual with strong people and project management skills, but we are also looking for someone who has a genuinely curious nature, works smart, goes beyond usual approaches to solve problems, and is dedicated to the position. A successful candidate will be imaginative, resilient in an environment of fast-paced change, and highly collaborative. In this role, you will have the chance to work with a diverse and dynamic group of professionals in a position that allows opportunities for growth.
- Provide general administrative support to SVP and VP as requested. Specific responsibilities include answering phones, making travel arrangements, scheduling meetings, processing expense reports, and planning events (internal and for affiliates).
- Serve as liaison between SVP and her team, internal HBO clients, and partner affiliates, as well as between the VP and his contacts.
- Process invoices and route for approval in a timely fashion.
- Prepare outgoing mail (often sizable shipments of premium items) as assigned.
- Process monthly expense reports.
- Understand the business objectives of HBO and its affiliates by maintaining familiarity with and an understanding of the telecommunications industry.
- Learn to understand and navigate HBO’s corporate culture to accomplish objectives.
- Knowledge of standard accounting principles at a minimum.
Aptitude and Competence
- Demonstrate strong organization and planning skills.
- Manage assignments and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of internal applications once trained.
- Demonstrate ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously without becoming easily overwhelmed.
- Demonstrate support for the team through an enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Show a willingness to accept extra work assignments when needed.
- Be able to work collaboratively with team, other office co-workers, and NY corporate contacts.
Adaptability to Change
- Adapt quickly to changes in the EA position, the marketplace, and the organization.
- Show a willingness to try new methods and applications when necessary.
- Take initiative in completing assignments, solving problems, and seeking solutions.
- Seek answers to questions proactively when the answers are not immediately apparent.
- Make progress on assignments independently.
- Must be articulate, in spoken and the written word.
- Must listen well.
Professionalism, Standards and Ethics
- Strive to demonstrate adherence to the highest professional standards and ethics.
- Demonstrate appropriate discretion and decorum while in the office.
- Exhibit a professional and courteous attitude during interactions with team members, co-workers, and affiliates at all times.
- Represent the team well on budget calls, in application trainings, and in meetings.
- 3+ years business experience in a fast-paced environment
- College degree preferred
- Accounting/budgeting experience preferred
Explore career opportunities with us: http://www.timewarner.com/careers