WHAM-TV in Rochester, New York is hiring an on-air general assignment reporter. Read more to learn how to apply!
Position/Title: General Assignment Reporter
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to 162 stations located in 79 geographically diverse markets and our Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WHAM/WUHF in Rochester, NY, is seeking a motivated, energetic, creative, and aggressive reporter! We're looking for someone who can think and perform outside the box. The candidate should be able to develop story ideas and gather information for newscasts, have sound writing skills, a great work ethic, and a can-do attitude. The best person for this job will have excellent live shot skills, and thrives on breaking stories. This position will present news reports for the station’s web page and social media sites in addition to on air.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
- Working knowledge of television news photography and technology
- Strong social media skills required
- Must be able to shoot with an HD video camera and edit video under deadline pressure
- The ability to conduct effective interviews and gather information
- Report and write stories under deadline pressure and appear on camera—both live and recorded
- Generate content for the station’s web site as well as the station’s social media sites (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- A valid driver license and good driving record
- Creativity, resourcefulness, strong storytelling and organizational skills desired
- The ability to work well with others is a must, along with a positive can-do attitude
- Knowledge of the area is a plus
*College degree with an emphasis in Broadcast Communications or Journalism preferred
*Three years minimum experience preferred including prior news reporting
Must be available to work all shifts including early mornings, overnights, weekends, and holidays
When applying online, please include a web link of your recent work. If you don't have a web link, apply online then send a non-returnable DVD to: WHAM-TV, Attn: News Director, 4225 West Henrietta Rd, Rochester, NY 14623.
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Please apply online by going to: http://sbgi.net/sbgi-careers/