We’re seeking an experienced graphics journalist in Washington D.C. to design and build insightful data visualizations and interactive features. You will create graphics from pitch to publication—crafting your own ideas as well as collaborating with the wider newsroom on a variety of subjects. Your work will cross several platforms to inform and delight users of the Bloomberg terminal, Bloomberg.com and the Businessweek site and daily app.
The Bloomberg News Graphics Team is a tight-knit group of about 30 data journalists, researchers, designers and developers in New York; Washington, D.C.; London and Hong Kong.
Data drives everything that we do. Bloomberg’s extensive collection of proprietary data is a great starting point, but we also scrape, submit records requests or otherwise compile data sets from scratch to tell clear, compelling visual stories about business, markets, finance, technology, economics and politics.
We pride ourselves on pursuing novel visual forms and expect you to bring a distinctive design sensibility to the table. You should be exceptionally curious and have impeccable news judgment. We expect our graphics team to break news and investigate issues of consequence, and recognize that the more diverse our interests, areas of expertise and experiences, the better we’re able to do that. You will be asked to juggle projects of different lengths and handle deadlines with grace. And you should be an eager collaborator. We’re prone to crowding around our screens to solve problems and pushing each other to make great work.
As the graphics team for a global news organization of more than 2,500 journalists, there’s no shortage of work to do and no limit to the types of graphics we make. We’re looking for visual journalists who excel in what they do and can contribute to or expand on some of these things that are core to our work:
- Many of us use R for data analysis, but we welcome those who prefer Python or other methods.
- We make lots of maps (we typically use QGIS, but we also have access to ArcGIS, Carto and other mapping tools).
- And we’re always eager to explore innovative storytelling forms, so we welcome those who have experience with VR, 3D, illustration or anything else that can help us tell bold visual stories.
How to Apply:
If you think you’d be a good fit to join us, submit an application via our careers website and include a resume, a brief letter telling us about yourself and a portfolio that demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of data journalism and graphics design and development.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wisconsin Public Radio is looking for a producer to help its statewide morning shows stay on top of the news. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who thrives in a fast paced and team-oriented environment. The Producer will write stories for broadcast and the web, as well as set up and edit interviews conducted by the host. Work Schedule 4:00AM to noon. Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus at least one year of experience in radio news or production. Details: http://www.wpr.org/morning-news-producer. Betsy.email@example.com. 608-262-5221. EOE.
The Public Relations Specialist is an experienced writer, storyteller, relationship builder and media relations expert excited to join our account team as an Account Executive. The right candidate for this position has experience translating a brand’s business objectives into strategic media relations and content marketing initiatives that build brand awareness and drive business results.
LaunchSquad creates stories for companies we love. We’re an award-winning communications firm known for building strategic public relations, original content marketing and social media programs for some of with the world’s most innovative, fast-growth technology and consumer lifestyle companies around. You’ve probably heard of a few: Coursera, Aquia, American Giant and Uber. Currently, our New York office is growing and we’re looking for an established Public Relations Specialist to join our team as an Account Executive.
A Public Relations Specialist is an experienced writer, editor, social media expert, storyteller, relationship builder and media relations specialist. S/he has experience translating a brand’s business objectives into strategic media relations and content marketing initiatives that build brand awareness and drive business results. The right candidate for this position is fluent in the fundamental of public relations. S/he can quickly write a byline or craft a targeted pitch. S/he is also an experienced client relations manager who understands the balance between delighting and leading a client and team. Besides taking a leadership role in driving the execution of communications programs, the Public Relations Specialist plays an active, hands-on role in mentoring junior staff and learning how to empower and lead a team.
LaunchSquad is made up of talented writers, reporters, editors, content marketing strategists, media relations specialists, creatives, filmmakers, designers and integrated producers dedicated to storytelling for emerging consumer lifestyle brands and thriving technology start-ups. We are looking for someone who wants to partner with the comprehensive LaunchSquad team to tell stories that stand out. Whether LaunchSquad is creating a branded content video series or writing a thought leadership piece for a media property, we pride ourselves on creating campaigns that inspire people to say, I love that company. If you think you have what it takes to join the Squad, we’d like to hear from you.
- 3+ years of direct communications, public relations or marketing experience in an agency or start-up environment and/or direct transferable, fast-paced work experience
- Knowledgeable, passionate storyteller who loves to create and define authentic messages for diverse audiences
- Experience conceiving and pitching targeted stories to business, technology and consumer lifestyle media with a track record of well-crafted media relations results
- Client management or clients service experience with direct responsibility for regular client communications and strategic counsel
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work concurrently across multiple, diverse projects; skilled at prioritizing workload and deliverables to meet client and team deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proficent writing, editing and content strategy and development expertise, including experience crafting bylines, blog posts, media pitches, video scripts, newsletters, abstracts, executive bios and briefing sheets.
- Collaborative, team-oriented work style focused on putting team needs ahead of individual in order to produce the best possible results for clients
- Consistency in one’s work: self-starter with excellent quality standards and a demonstrable history of commitment, accountability and follow through
- Passion for our work and commitment to independent, on-going growth and development
- Entrepreneurial spirit & drive; imagination helps too.
How To Apply
Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter on our website, www.launchsquad.com.
LaunchSquad is a growing communications firm known for change-the-world storytelling with our award-winning public relations, online video + design, and original content marketing and social media programs. LaunchSquad has four offices located in San Francisco, New York, Boston and Seattle and offers a fun, fast-paced, and rewarding work environment. Our client base includes consumer and enterprise technology, consumer lifestyle and media companies. LaunchSquad was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in downtown San Francisco.
ABC 7 Chicago’s #1 news is looking for a creative and nimble newscast producer who is willing to produce any show and write for our content platforms.
Excellent writing skills and solid news judgment are a must for this crucial newsroom position. Must also be adept at using video, graphics and storytelling techniques. The ideal candidate will have experience producing newscasts in a medium or large market, as well as experience with desktop editing. Must be willing to work morning, evening and weekend shifts.
College degree required.
Candidates should upload their cover letter and resume at www.disneycareers.com.
Requisition ID # 534066BR
No phone calls, please.
This is a NABET represented position.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Reporting Location – Chicago, IL
***Apply now! Ongoing application review.***
Indiana Public Broadcasting Stations (IPBS) is a not-for-profit association of 17 public TV and radio stations which serve the state of Indiana. Representing the 17-member stations, IPBS is the coordinating office for statewide project partners to connect with all Indiana public broadcasters. IPBS represents a remarkably powerful tool to reach the entire state and beyond. Indiana public television and radio providing engaging educational and informational programming for Indiana citizens. http://ipbs.org/
IPBS is seeking an Executive Director to lead the organization during a time of expansion and new service opportunities. The IPBS Executive Director is a fulltime position reporting to a board of directors through its Chair. The Executive Director will manage all activities of the organization including but not limited to: strategic planning, board development, developing programs and services, fund-raising initiatives, representing IPBS in numerous settings, communicating with stakeholders, and promoting the value of public broadcasting.
The Executive Director will carry out IPBS policies and plans enacted by the Board including (but not limited to) written strategic plans and a written statement of annual objectives for the Executive Director. The Executive Director will act on behalf of the organization, to commit IPBS funds and station participation consistent with the written policies and plans of IPBS.
For more details, including a list of major internal and external responsibilities, please visit the posting at http://liv.jobs.
- A minimum of ten years successful experience in planning and managing people and resources to achieve significant goals
- A successful track record in attracting major funding from government and foundation sources
- Outstanding communications skills. Demonstrated capacity to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with internal and external stakeholders and constituents
- Demonstrated capacity to be a strong advocate and articulate spokesperson for the mission, purposes and goals of an organization
- Knowledge and understanding of public broadcasting stations and issues at the local, state and national level
- Understanding of the emerging digital media landscape and other relevant external environmental issues at the state and national level that may impact IPBS's capacity to achieve its goals
- Successful experience working with state government and its legislative processes in areas relevant to this position
- A demonstrated capacity to provide effective leadership within the framework of an executive board of directors’ organizational structure
- Capacity to work independently and collaboratively on multiple projects simultaneously with a minimum of direct daily supervision/direction
Additional desirable qualifications include:
- Knowledge and understanding of Indiana and its major public policy issues
- Successful experience working with Indiana or other state government and its legislative processes
HOW TO APPLY:
IPBS is being assisted in this search by Livingston Associates. Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates. For consideration, please visit the job posting and apply online at http://liv.jobs.
Apply now! Ongoing application review.
IPBS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Search Assistance by Livingston Associates
Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates
WQAD News 8, the Tribune owned affiliate in Moline, IL is seeking an experienced Multi-Media Journalist to join our news team. We are looking for an authentic, dynamic, engaging individual who can connect with an audience on all platforms and is a team player. The ideal candidate will have solid news judgment, strong reporting skills and experience as a videographer and nonlinear editor along with the ability to tell memorable stories and ad lib with ease. If you are a serious, smart journalist who wants to work in an innovative environment, is driven and self-sufficient, apply now!
• Shoot, edit, write and produce news stories including vo’s, vo/sot’s and packages
• Cover breaking news with a sense of urgency
• Establish and maintain relationships/sources in the community
• Produce content for Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites
• Appear on camera as required for all platforms
• Gather material on multiple stories per day – delivering content throughout the day on all platforms
• Evaluate news leads and pitch unique stories that will get results and drive ratings; participate in the editorial process
• Develop and execute enterprise content on a consistent basis
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience required
• 2+ years of MMJ experience
• Proven track record delivering compelling and promotable stories
• Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer
If you are interested in this position
Send a resume to Alan Baker, News Director, WQAD News 8, 3003 Park 16th Street, Moline, Illinois 61265-6061 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel. For more information, please visit www.tribunemedia.com.
WCIV has an immediate opening for a creative Digital Content Producer. As the Digital Content Producer, you will be responsible for the day-to-day production of our digital content. This position will also work closely with the Digital Executive Producer and Assignment Desk on the website and social media pages. You will determine the content, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories.
WCIV is seeking an Assistant Chief Engineer! This individual will oversee daily technical operations and will be responsible for installing and maintaining video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting. This includes server-based record and play-out systems, non-linear editors, production switchers, routing switchers, MPEG encoders, decoders, automation, news room computer systems, data networks, and broadcast transmission equipment. You will also train and mentor engineering staff.
WCIV, in Charleston, SC, is seeking a Broadcast Engineer! This individual will be responsible for installing and maintaining video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting. This includes server-based record and play-out systems, non-linear editors, production switchers, routing switchers, MPEG encoders, decoders, automation, news room computer systems, data networks, and broadcast transmission equipment.