Wisconsin Public Radio is looking for a producer to help its statewide morning shows stay on top of the news. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who thrives in a fast paced and team-oriented environment. The Producer will write stories for broadcast and the web, as well as set up and edit interviews conducted by the host. Work Schedule 4:00AM to noon. Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus at least one year of experience in radio news or production. Details: http://www.wpr.org/morning-news-producer. Betsy.email@example.com. 608-262-5221. EOE.
The Public Relations Specialist is an experienced writer, storyteller, relationship builder and media relations expert excited to join our account team as an Account Executive. The right candidate for this position has experience translating a brand’s business objectives into strategic media relations and content marketing initiatives that build brand awareness and drive business results.
LaunchSquad creates stories for companies we love. We’re an award-winning communications firm known for building strategic public relations, original content marketing and social media programs for some of with the world’s most innovative, fast-growth technology and consumer lifestyle companies around. You’ve probably heard of a few: Coursera, Aquia, American Giant and Uber. Currently, our New York office is growing and we’re looking for an established Public Relations Specialist to join our team as an Account Executive.
A Public Relations Specialist is an experienced writer, editor, social media expert, storyteller, relationship builder and media relations specialist. S/he has experience translating a brand’s business objectives into strategic media relations and content marketing initiatives that build brand awareness and drive business results. The right candidate for this position is fluent in the fundamental of public relations. S/he can quickly write a byline or craft a targeted pitch. S/he is also an experienced client relations manager who understands the balance between delighting and leading a client and team. Besides taking a leadership role in driving the execution of communications programs, the Public Relations Specialist plays an active, hands-on role in mentoring junior staff and learning how to empower and lead a team.
LaunchSquad is made up of talented writers, reporters, editors, content marketing strategists, media relations specialists, creatives, filmmakers, designers and integrated producers dedicated to storytelling for emerging consumer lifestyle brands and thriving technology start-ups. We are looking for someone who wants to partner with the comprehensive LaunchSquad team to tell stories that stand out. Whether LaunchSquad is creating a branded content video series or writing a thought leadership piece for a media property, we pride ourselves on creating campaigns that inspire people to say, I love that company. If you think you have what it takes to join the Squad, we’d like to hear from you.
- 3+ years of direct communications, public relations or marketing experience in an agency or start-up environment and/or direct transferable, fast-paced work experience
- Knowledgeable, passionate storyteller who loves to create and define authentic messages for diverse audiences
- Experience conceiving and pitching targeted stories to business, technology and consumer lifestyle media with a track record of well-crafted media relations results
- Client management or clients service experience with direct responsibility for regular client communications and strategic counsel
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work concurrently across multiple, diverse projects; skilled at prioritizing workload and deliverables to meet client and team deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proficent writing, editing and content strategy and development expertise, including experience crafting bylines, blog posts, media pitches, video scripts, newsletters, abstracts, executive bios and briefing sheets.
- Collaborative, team-oriented work style focused on putting team needs ahead of individual in order to produce the best possible results for clients
- Consistency in one’s work: self-starter with excellent quality standards and a demonstrable history of commitment, accountability and follow through
- Passion for our work and commitment to independent, on-going growth and development
- Entrepreneurial spirit & drive; imagination helps too.
How To Apply
Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter on our website, www.launchsquad.com.
LaunchSquad is a growing communications firm known for change-the-world storytelling with our award-winning public relations, online video + design, and original content marketing and social media programs. LaunchSquad has four offices located in San Francisco, New York, Boston and Seattle and offers a fun, fast-paced, and rewarding work environment. Our client base includes consumer and enterprise technology, consumer lifestyle and media companies. LaunchSquad was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in downtown San Francisco.
WQAD News 8, the Tribune owned affiliate in Moline, IL is seeking an experienced Multi-Media Journalist to join our news team. We are looking for an authentic, dynamic, engaging individual who can connect with an audience on all platforms and is a team player. The ideal candidate will have solid news judgment, strong reporting skills and experience as a videographer and nonlinear editor along with the ability to tell memorable stories and ad lib with ease. If you are a serious, smart journalist who wants to work in an innovative environment, is driven and self-sufficient, apply now!
• Shoot, edit, write and produce news stories including vo’s, vo/sot’s and packages
• Cover breaking news with a sense of urgency
• Establish and maintain relationships/sources in the community
• Produce content for Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites
• Appear on camera as required for all platforms
• Gather material on multiple stories per day – delivering content throughout the day on all platforms
• Evaluate news leads and pitch unique stories that will get results and drive ratings; participate in the editorial process
• Develop and execute enterprise content on a consistent basis
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience required
• 2+ years of MMJ experience
• Proven track record delivering compelling and promotable stories
• Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer
If you are interested in this position
Send a resume to Alan Baker, News Director, WQAD News 8, 3003 Park 16th Street, Moline, Illinois 61265-6061 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel. For more information, please visit www.tribunemedia.com.
WCIV has an immediate opening for a creative Digital Content Producer. As the Digital Content Producer, you will be responsible for the day-to-day production of our digital content. This position will also work closely with the Digital Executive Producer and Assignment Desk on the website and social media pages. You will determine the content, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories.
WCIV is seeking an Assistant Chief Engineer! This individual will oversee daily technical operations and will be responsible for installing and maintaining video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting. This includes server-based record and play-out systems, non-linear editors, production switchers, routing switchers, MPEG encoders, decoders, automation, news room computer systems, data networks, and broadcast transmission equipment. You will also train and mentor engineering staff.
WCIV, in Charleston, SC, is seeking a Broadcast Engineer! This individual will be responsible for installing and maintaining video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting. This includes server-based record and play-out systems, non-linear editors, production switchers, routing switchers, MPEG encoders, decoders, automation, news room computer systems, data networks, and broadcast transmission equipment.
Fuse Media is currently seeking an experienced human resources generalist to join our People & Culture team to provide a blend of tactical and strategic human resources support to attract, develop, engage and retain top talent. The People & Culture Director will contribute, among others, in the areas of talent acquisition, total rewards, culture, compliance, employee relations, communications, change management and building operations. This is a key, site-leader position that serves as the senior HR resource for our NY office and reports directly to the Chief People Officer.
- Provide coaching, counseling and employee-related solutions while maintaining a balance between being an employee advocate and strategic business partner.
- Provide guidance and support around talent acquisition, total rewards, performance management, organizational change and culture.
- Partner with the business to develop people plans in line with the business strategy and deliver against them.
- Proactively handle day-to-day, people support but also influence and shape the change agenda, including organizational and cultural changes.
- Manage full-cycle recruiting processes; collaborate with stakeholders to understand talent acquisition needs and clearly map out hiring strategies.
- Develop and implement employment marketing initiatives in order to source, attract, recruit, interview and on-board individuals to the Fuse family.
- Act as the key point of contact for all building operations needs, vendors & facility-related items
- 10+ years of relevant experience – strong preference in Media/Entertainment
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, related field or equivalent professional experience
- Extremely positive personality, high integrity, professional demeanor, and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Strong commercial sensibility with an acute people lens
- Proven experience in problem-solving and organizational management practices within a culturally-diverse work environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS systems; ADP Workforce Now is preferred
Please submit an online application via our careers page, here.
To Reflect Today, The World We Want To Create Tomorrow
Fuse Media is an independently owned multi-platform media company reflecting the wide-ranging tastes and attitudes of the fast-growing, Latino and multicultural 18-34 audience. The company’s media brands include the Fuse and FM linear and video-on-demand (VOD) channels; Fuse.TV online and mobile websites; the Fuse TV mobile and over-the-top (OTT) apps; a podcast network; several branded social media channels; and live events. Fuse network is currently available in approximately 70 million households and FM reaches over 43 million households.
The National Sales Assistant provides sales support to the WQAD Sales Management Team as well as National & Local Sales Reps to maximize revenue and achieve department goals. Provides assistance to management daily as needed to ensure the smooth operation of the departments.
• Assist in maximizing revenues by processing and maintaining orders, order entry, make goods, resolving discrepancies and communicating with account executives, agencies and clients
• Identify suitable make good areas based on inventory, rates and ratings
• Answer incoming calls for sales managers in a professional and positive manner
• Proactive in seeking out additional duties from sales managers and/or other members of sales team
• Assist in preparation of sales presentations
• Pull daily revenue reports
• Maintain account files
• Process contracts, credit information, payments, political forms and maintain accurate records
• Work with Accounting Department on correct billing and claims reconciliation
• Treat all co-workers with proper manners and respect. Establish as an asset to the entire team
• All other duties as assigned by Sales Management
• Works on a day-to-day basis with station sales management, sales staff, traffic, programming, promotions and business departments to ensure station business is booked and airing properly
• Attention to posting needs of clients
• Maintain weekly posting spreadsheets
• Inputting UD schedules and maintaining running totals of posts
• Assisting with promotional schedules
• Preferred working knowledge of television business, ratings, traffic, general practices and vocabulary
• Preferred minimum of 3 years experience in TV sales industry
• Preferred ability to understand demographic ratings, inventory, rate structure and make good process
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Additional Computer skills a plus: Wide Orbit, Media Line and other processing systems
• Possess outstanding organizational and communication skills and have the ability to work well under pressure
• Self-motivated and meet deadlines
• Able to handle busy phones, multi-task and have a positive attitude
• Proficient in numbers, basic math, percentages
• Valid driver’s license
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION:
Send a resume to Dan Englund, Director of Sales at WQAD-TV, 3003 Park 16th Street, Moline, Illinois 61265-6061 or e-mail at email@example.com.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer