As a member of the Financial Times’ Global Human Resources team, the HR and Payroll Coordinator will provide HR and payroll administration for the US arm of the Financial Times. This position will be responsible for preparation of US payroll as well as administrative support for local and global HR projects and services. This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in growing their HR career by gaining exposure to all aspects of the HR function as part of a first class media company. Given the nature of our ever-evolving business and the introduction of new payroll, benefits and HRIS providers in 2017, we require someone who is easily adaptable and comfortable in a change environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administer US payroll in ADP TotalSource system, to include inputting approved pay adjustments, personnel transactions such as new hires, termination; employee status changes, benefit deductions, garnishments, taxable fringe benefits, loan collection, leaves of absence
- Actively support Workday HRIS implementation and maintain all employee related changes in a timely manner
- Maintain the integrity of employee data and files, ensuring that all changes to terms are accurately recorded
- Maintain the flow of documentation for payroll changes including clear communication with ADP, benefits vendors, and internal departments to ensure accuracy and timeliness of payroll changes, auditing of payroll & HR systems
- Act as primary point person to address employee inquiries regarding pay
- Ensure that transactions are processed in compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as government agency regulations
- Run compensation and other payroll and HRIS reports as requested
- Manage on-boarding and off-boarding processes, including preparation of offer letters and orienting new employees to the organization, company benefits and organizational structure
- Support Compensation & Benefits Specialist in effectively managing employee benefit deductions and corresponding payroll file feed
- Support managers in their recruitment efforts by posting job ads, reviewing resumes, scheduling interviews
- Support coordination and organization of global and local learning and development initiatives such as facilitated training sessions, lunch & learns, and other internal events
- Partner with the Global Mobility team to facilitate smooth on-boarding and off-boarding of expat employees, emphasis on payroll set up
- Provide general advice to employees regarding US HR policies and procedures
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned or as responsibilities dictate
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 1 year relevant payroll experience
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and customer service skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of trust and integrity to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
- Comfortable working autonomously without direction; ability to effectively prioritize workload
- Ability to liaise with employees at all levels of the organization
- Experience with ADP payroll systems
- Proficiency in Workday HRIS
- Experience working as part of a global, matrixed organization
- Experience working in the media industry
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country.
|About Us||NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
Great job in a great city! Wisconsin Public Television seeks an Executive Producer for Cultural Affairs to lead an award-winning team of storytellers in the creation of a diverse array of multi-media projects highlighting Wisconsin culture, arts and performance. Requires: 5 yr experience; a high degree of creativity; vision; excellent writing skills; judgment; flexibility; the ability to lead and manage complex projects with a variety of partners. This position supervises and also includes hands-on producing. Details: www.wpt.org/AboutWPT/Employment. Betsy.firstname.lastname@example.org, 608-262-5221. EOE.
Apply at http://www.wgbh.org/about/employmentOpportunities.cfm
Our news department is looking for a journalist to join our morning show team. If you have a “can-do” team approach, enjoy breaking news and you possess good news judgment, our team is looking for you!
- Conceptualize a newscast and deliver the news in a dynamic presentation, marketing the highlights of the newscast in powerful previews that entice viewers to watch your work!
- Beat everyone in town not just on the air, but on the web!
- Pitch in on the demanding and ordinary work that goes on in a newsroom where everyone is asked to give their best effort.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
Must know what it takes to build a competitive, winning, and watchable, habit-forming newscast. This is an entry level producing job, but the skill to build a winner is the key! You must demonstrate a keen sense of news judgment, the ability to write well with clarity, and the willingness to learn the tools of becoming a better producer. You must juggle the fast-paced changes that occur in real time, whether you are in the newsroom preparing for your newscast or in the control room producing a live broadcast. A positive, “can-do” approach is required; complainers without solutions will probably be sent to our competition!
Dexterity to operate a keyboard, computer, editing equipment and other such equipment. Communication skills used in office setting to produce news. Vision to review and approve news scripts, view news, etc.
INTERNAL CONTACTS EXTERNAL CONTACTS
Engineering Staff General Public
Creative Services Staff
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION:
Send a resume to Alan Baker, News Director, WQAD-TV, 3003 Park 16th Street, Moline, Illinois 61265-6061 or e-mail at email@example.com.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
WQAD, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
ideastream®, Northeast Ohio’s Public Media organization, has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Producer. ideastream is seeking a creative individual with strong production skills to join our staff. Located in PlayhouseSquare, Cleveland’s vibrant theatre district, this organization is situated in a stimulating, diverse area with a small town feel and big city culture and opportunities.
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Everytown for Gun Safety, the largest gun violence prevention advocacy organization in the country, is seeking a passionate, dedicated communications professional to join our team to develop and execute communications strategies that advance our federal and national political campaigns. With Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, a part of Everytown, we are the counterweight to the gun lobby. Our work has a very strong focus on defeating dangerous proposals in Congress as well as pushing for safer gun laws across the country.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Developing and executing an aggressive federal communications strategy for Everytown and all of its affiliated partners to help shift the national conversation about gun violence prevention in an extremely cluttered and competitive media environment
Consistently inserting our organization’s objectives and a proactive narrative about gun violence prevention into national influencers’ online conversations through social media campaigns and earned media.
Do you want to shut down the gun lobby’s attempts to dismantle gun laws in state legislatures across the country? Are you mad as hell that, for the last generation, the gun lobby has had the field to themselves in many statehouses and because of that, our country suffers from a patchwork of gun laws that contribute to our nation’s gun violence crisis? Do you want to be part of the new organization working to turn the tables on the gun lobby in statehouses – beating back their extremist agenda and advancing safer gun laws in legislatures across the country?
Everytown for Gun Safety, the largest gun violence prevention advocacy organization in the country, is seeking a passionate, dedicated communications professional to join our team in a mid-level role with an emphasis on state legislative campaigns. With Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, a part of Everytown, we are the counterweight to the gun lobby. Our 50 state chapters are focused on pushing safer gun laws and shutting down the NRA’s extremist agenda in state legislatures across the country.