WQAD 8 has an opening for an Account Executive. Responsibilities include proposing media advertising strategies over several media platforms to local businesses and advertising agencies. Previous sales experience and a college degree preferred. Working knowledge of digital, mobile, social media a plus. Must have the ability to utilize PowerPoint, Word and Excel proficiently.
• A proven track record of creativity
• The ability to complete an effective customer needs analysis
• Develop new business for continued revenue growth, working with direct clients and advertising agencies.
• Embrace new technology. Applicant needs to be experienced in the use of new technology and possess the ability to learn how new technologies can be used to develop sales opportunities that will benefit our customers and new revenue growth for our business.
• Conduct sales calls within an established zone in our designated market area.
• Experienced in building relationships and able to use available resources to generate revenue.
• Forecast pending business.
• Achieve monthly revenue budget.
• Achieve monthly new business quota. Conduct presentations utilizing our marketing department and use available research materials to secure new customer and develop revenue.
• Maximize use of selling day by using available resources to handle administrative duties.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Verbal and written skills used in meetings, conversation and presentations.
• Ability to drive vehicle.
• Dexterity to operate keys on computers and telephones.
• Ability to lift tapes, sales packages and other object up to 20 pounds and over when needed.
• Exposed to all kinds of weather conditions in connection with making sales calls on clients.
• Must be willing to travel.
INTERNAL CONTACTS EXTERNAL CONTACTS
Other Account Executives Advertising clients
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION:
Send a resume to Dan Englund, Director of Sales at WQAD-TV, 3003 Park 16th Street, Moline, Illinois 61265-6061 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
WKSU is seeking a determined, persuasive, skillful media sales professional to join their team.
In this position you will help businesses and non-profits connect to WKSU’s audience with their sponsorship message on multiple delivery channels including radio, digital and events. In this relationship building role, you will reach out to decision makers at local businesses, meet with them to understand their marketing needs and develop proposals that offer marketing solutions to help them grow their businesses. This is a high performance position in that you will prospect, conduct needs assessments, create and present proposals, close the deal, write copy and service the account. While managing an account list you will also focus on developing new business.
Fuse Media is looking for an experienced Sales Planner to join our dynamic sales team in developing customized plans and presentations for Ad Sales clients. This Sales Planner role is based in our New York offices, and reports into the Director, Pricing and Planning.
- Create and modify sales proposals in the Gabriel system
- Monitor on-air schedules on a daily basis
- Prepare post analysis for clients
- Resolve contract discrepancies
- Obtain, organize and analyze research and competitive information
- Monitor stewardship of all accounts and allocate under delivery packages as needed
- Manage integrated marketing executions and provide recap for both agency and clients
- Support NY Sales staff with projects and ad hoc reporting
- Highly organized and detail oriented to manage multiple accounts
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Familiar with research products including Nielsen and MRI
- Team oriented with the ability to work independently
- Bachelor's degree in Communications Strong understanding of media math
- Proficient in Excel, Power Point & Word
Fuse Media provides entertainment and culture content across television and digital platforms that appeal to the wide-ranging tastes and attitudes of the fast-growing, multicultural 18-34 audience. The company’s holdings include the national cable network Fuse, and in the fourth quarter of 2015, Fuse Media will launch FM, a cable network and digital media brand that will feature a programming line-up with music at its core.
Please submit all applications, here.
Fuse, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Fuse is looking for an innovative, talented editor to join their creative team to make short form series for their digital content group. Candidates should have a great sense of humor, love music and are able to go with the flow. Would prefer a candidate who also directs. If you don’t have a passion for music and music culture- this is not the position for you.
We’re looking for the following…
- Minimum 3 years of editing for video at music video, commercial, broadcast and/or digital media entities
- Quickly iterate off of successful videos
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere and Final Cut
- Familiarity with After Effects preferred
- Basic color correction and sound mixing skills required
- (Expedient) project manager who can internalize notes and execute quickly
- Motion graphic experience a plus
- Must be comfortable with most video codecs and formats
- Experience shooting and knowledge of cameras preferred
- Comfortable with producing content
- Have knowledge of Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, Instagram, and other social platforms
- Interest in social platforms and data
- Must have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Experienced in deadline driven environment and internet video
- Passion for music and youth culture
- Candidate would be the lead editor and responsible for editing short form series
- Candidate would work with other editors to ensure consistent quality across videos
- Candidate would direct some videos and should have a strong creative pov
Please submit all applications, here.
WCIV in Charleston, SC is looking for experienced a Marketing Consultant with deep expertise in the operations and marketing of auto dealerships to become Sinclair local market subject matter experts. The people in these positions will become integral parts of our company-wide training and sales initiative focused on tier 3 auto business. In addition to training and coaching, we’re looking for closers with a proven record of developing business in the category, accurately forecasting revenue, and creating strategic business plans in this highly competitive vertical. The winning candidates will design and implement revenue growth strategies for their local market both as an independent seller and co-seller with local colleagues. Creating solid partnerships with dealers and Sinclair station leadership will be be keys to success. If you’re an industry leader, we’re interested in talking to you.
Sinclair Broadcast Group in Chattanooga, TN is looking for an experienced Marketing Consultant with deep expertise in the operations and marketing of auto dealerships to become the Sinclair local-market subject matter expert. The person in this position will be an integral part of our company-wide training and sales initiative focused on tier 3 auto business. In addition to training and coaching, we’re looking for closers with a proven record of developing business in the category, accurately forecasting revenue, and creating strategic business plans in this highly competitive vertical. The winning candidate will design and implement revenue growth strategies for their local market, both as an independent seller and co-seller with local colleagues. Creating solid partnerships with dealers and Sinclair station leadership will be the key to success. If you’re an industry leader, we’re interested in talking to you.
Specific Duties include:
- Exceed expectations for market penetration, average deal size and total revenue in assigned geography
- Maintain consistent presence in the field, driving growth from all auto dealers
- Develop, implement and manage business plan to exceed corporate objectives and sales goals
- Act as player/coach on in-person sales calls with key decision makers at dealerships throughout the local market
- Conduct immersive training sessions with sales team based on Sinclair auto philosophy
- Collaborate with in-market SBG leadership to set sales goals and objectives for each local account
- Provide the Regional Digital Automotive Manager with monthly outlook and revenue forecast
- Work closely with sales management and corporate staff to ensure coordination and cooperation in support of sales and operations
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Demonstrated success in building and maintaining top-tier customer relationships
- Strong business acumen with a thorough understanding of marketing strategies, automotive business cycles and consumer behavior
- Real experience and success communicating and working directly with auto dealers on identifying and achieving their business goals
- Proven track record of developing and managing people and the sales process
- Strength in running multiple unique strategic projects concurrently
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience in dealership operations and/or digital media sales
- Experience managing a large sales territory
- Proficient in the use of office software and CRM tools
- Excellent communication, presentation, planning, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Previous sales management experience is valued not required
Sinclair Broadcast Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Apply online at www.sbgi.net.
Reporting to the President and CEO and as the second highest level manager in the organization the Chief Operating Officer’s primary role is to direct, manage and oversee ideastream distribution assets, including WVIZ, WCPN, WCLV, OH Channel, ideastream.org and all social media platforms to ensure efficient and effective digital-first content and services to the community, audience and users, including legal and regulatory compliance. The COO is specifically responsible for the station management of WVIZ, WCPN, WCLV and the OH Channel/OGT, ideastream.org, Community Engagement and Education, and Technology. The Chief Operating Officer is responsible for implementation and success of the organization annual operating plan and objectives.
Please address in a cover letter how you see your skills and experience specifically aligning with the Essential duties and responsibilities and Qualifications (specifically, knowledge/skills/aptitudes) noted in the job description on the ideastream website.
Go to www.ideastream.org/careers to apply.
ideastream is an equal opportunity employer; we value diversity in our workplace.
Correspondent (2 positions)
PBS NewsHour is seeking a Correspondent that will cover a wide range of general assignment stories, from day of air breaking news to long form features. Responsibilities include conducting reporting from the field as well as live interviews in studio, and reporting and writing news-driven, well-told and crafted stories for national news broadcast and digital properties. College degree in a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of seven (7) years experience working in broadcast journalism, preferably in national news, covering national and international affairs on television.
For a full job description or to apply through our online application, please click here to be directed to the careers page at WETA. To confirm that a WETA or PBS NewsHour job posting is under recruitment, please visit our websites for our current job postings list: www.weta.org and www.pbs.org/newshour/.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.