Are you a “news junkie” with a passion for journalism and live television? If so, WQAD News 8 has an immediate opening for a full-time newscast producer.
As a key member of our editorial content team you will collaborate with managers, the assignment desk and web producers in the planning, writing and coordination of all elements of a daily newscast. You must be able to handle a great deal of writing under tight deadlines and be able to keep your cool under pressure.
The ideal candidate will have a four-year degree in mass communications, journalism or a related field, strong writing skills, strong organizational skills, and a high level of creativity.
The right candidate for this position will be available to work a variety of hours including overnights and weekends.
Must be willing to submit to a background check and have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment, and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting's 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago's WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% equity interest in TV Food Network and a 32% equity interest in CareerBuilder. For more information please visit http://www.tribunemedia.com.
Position plays an integral role in the development and delivery of HBO Series, Films and Documentary sales and promotional marketing materials. Also functions as a liaison between HBOEnterprises and Design+Production teams on production needs.
Coordinate the production and delivery of sales marketing materials to promote the worldwide licensing and distribution of HBO original programming, providing creative feedback and ensuring materials meet deadlines; sales marketing materials include printed sales sheets, programming emails and email graphic signatures
Assure legal approval and clearance for all materials; requires working across departments within the company
Collect and create programming press packs with both US and International press/reviews
Maintain the ViP Viewing website’s 3 Enterprises catalogs, ensuring they contain up-to-date and accurate information on all programming; includes entering credit, synopsis and awards metadata
Coordinate the packing, shipping and tracking of materials and collateral for presence at International sales markets and events
Maintain departmental tracking documents for marketing materials, festival and market dates and sales website technical issues
Order and track premium items for clients, events and sales markets
1-2 years of experience in Marketing. Film/TV experience, a plus.
Must have excellent oral and writing skills
Must be creative, organized, detail orientated and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously within a fast-paced environment with constantly changing deadlines
Exercise good judgment, flexibility and resourcefulness
Must be proficient in Word & Excel. General knowledge of Photoshop preferred
Explore career opportunities with us: www.hbocareers.com
Production Assistant, Segment Unit
PBS NewsHour is seeking a passionate Production Assistant who will be responsible for providing a diverse range of writing, research, editing, production, and tracking services to support the work of the PBS NewsHour. You will prepare news material and news feeds for compilation and produce compilations exercising independent judgment. Other tasks include researching and fulfilling video requests for PBS NewsHour producers, acquiring footage and creating footage, and assisting in covering breaking news and in writing for broadcast news summary. College degree in journalism, communications, political science, or a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Introductory experience with broadcast and online journalism, including writing, editing, and shooting preferred. Experience with nonlinear editing programs is desirable.
For a full job description or to apply through our online application, please click here to be directed to the careers page at WETA. To confirm that a WETA or PBS NewsHour job posting is under recruitment, please visit our websites for our current job postings list: www.weta.org and www.pbs.org/newshour/.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law
Serve as an integral member of the DND team assigned to manage HBO’s business with its MSO (cable) partners. Provide administrative support for the SVP, in addition to the VP responsible for the Comcast account. This position allows visibility to all aspects of the distribution discipline. It is a role that requires an individual with strong people and project management skills, but we are also looking for someone who has a genuinely curious nature, works smart, goes beyond usual approaches to solve problems, and is dedicated to the position. A successful candidate will be imaginative, resilient in an environment of fast-paced change, and highly collaborative. In this role, you will have the chance to work with a diverse and dynamic group of professionals in a position that allows opportunities for growth.
- Provide general administrative support to SVP and VP as requested. Specific responsibilities include answering phones, making travel arrangements, scheduling meetings, processing expense reports, and planning events (internal and for affiliates).
- Serve as liaison between SVP and her team, internal HBO clients, and partner affiliates, as well as between the VP and his contacts.
- Process invoices and route for approval in a timely fashion.
- Prepare outgoing mail (often sizable shipments of premium items) as assigned.
- Process monthly expense reports.
- Understand the business objectives of HBO and its affiliates by maintaining familiarity with and an understanding of the telecommunications industry.
- Learn to understand and navigate HBO’s corporate culture to accomplish objectives.
- Knowledge of standard accounting principles at a minimum.
Aptitude and Competence
- Demonstrate strong organization and planning skills.
- Manage assignments and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of internal applications once trained.
- Demonstrate ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously without becoming easily overwhelmed.
- Demonstrate support for the team through an enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Show a willingness to accept extra work assignments when needed.
- Be able to work collaboratively with team, other office co-workers, and NY corporate contacts.
Adaptability to Change
- Adapt quickly to changes in the EA position, the marketplace, and the organization.
- Show a willingness to try new methods and applications when necessary.
- Take initiative in completing assignments, solving problems, and seeking solutions.
- Seek answers to questions proactively when the answers are not immediately apparent.
- Make progress on assignments independently.
- Must be articulate, in spoken and the written word.
- Must listen well.
Professionalism, Standards and Ethics
- Strive to demonstrate adherence to the highest professional standards and ethics.
- Demonstrate appropriate discretion and decorum while in the office.
- Exhibit a professional and courteous attitude during interactions with team members, co-workers, and affiliates at all times.
- Represent the team well on budget calls, in application trainings, and in meetings.
- 3+ years business experience in a fast-paced environment
- College degree preferred
- Accounting/budgeting experience preferred
Explore career opportunities with us: http://www.timewarner.com/careers
Explore career opportunities with us: http://www.timewarner.com/careers
We are seeking a motivated self-starter to secure financial support for Wisconsin Public Radio (WPR) programming, local productions, and special events. This individual works primarily with the business community and foundations, supporting WPR’s community efforts and activities while stewarding relationships with all donors and key constituencies. Requires: demonstrated success setting and achieving fundraising goals in a client service, sales or marketing-intensive environment; excellent communication/ interpersonal skills; ability to analyze and interpret data and develop presentations. Details: www.wpr.org/job-opportunities. Questions? contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
WTVC-TV NewsChannel 9, the market leader in Chattanooga, Tennessee, needs an energetic and engaging evening news anchor to complete our weekday, evening anchor team. In addition to the typical duties of a news anchor, we are looking for someone who is eager to head into the field and break hard news investigative stories. Our anchors are also expected to help mentor and grow younger staff mentors, write and edit copy and lead the way in digital and social media.
- Anchor assigned newscasts
- Deliver scripted and ad-libbed material with energy, professionalism and personality
- Work with and guide reporters and producers in newscast production
- Maintain active daily presence on social media which engages with audience
- Ability to enterprise stories
- Possess the highest journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Appear on behalf of the station at public events
- Minimum of 10 years of reporting experience is required
- 5+ years as a daily news anchor experience is required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience
Apply online at www.sbgi.net.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.
WQAD News 8
POSITION SUMMARY (Scope & Purpose)
Our production department is looking for a team member to join an already dynamic behind-the scenes team. Do you like being in the center of the action? If you have a can-do attitude and like working early or late, we need you!!!
Ensure all pre-newscast details are completed and ready for air
Maintain a clean and organized studio
Set up and maintain studio lighting
Assist production and news departments during breaking coverage
Others duties as assigned which may include, assisting Director, running graphics during live newscasts, updating station website
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
Production experience is helpful but not necessary. Basic computer skills are required. Must be able to multitask. Communication skills are essential for this position. Must be able to verbally communicate professionally and effectively. Must also be able to communicate precisely particularly during tense situations under time constraints.
Dexterity to operate computer, editing equipment and cameras. Ability to stand for a hour or more. Vision to follow written scripts and to focus cameras. Ability to move hands quickly for hand cues.
INTERNAL CONTACTS EXTERNAL CONTACTS
Production staff Guests of newscasts
News staff General public
Creative Services staff
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION:
Send resume to Tom Maloney, WQAD-TV, 3003 Park 16th Street, Moline, IL 61265-6061 or email at email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel. For more information, please visit www.tribunemedia.com.
WTAT Television, FOX Affiliate in Charleston, SC, has an immediate opening for an experienced Account Executive well versed in both Broadcast and Digital Sales.
If you have a successful background of developing New Business (including Broadcast and Digital sales) as well as solid negotiating skills, we have a great opportunity for you in one of the most sought-after markets in the country! For this position, we require a minimum of 3 years Electronic Media experience (may include Broadcast, Cable and/or Radio sales). In addition, we are looking for a proven track record in Multi-Platform sales to include Digital Sales development. Must be proficient with Order Entry, knowledgeable with ratings services and negotiating for the highest shares possible. Last, but not least, a solid history and desire to establish and grow New Business will be the winning component to help you secure employment with our company.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “WTAT-Account Executive” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
WTAT-TV and Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!