WJAC-TV has an immediate opening for an energetic and creative Digital Executive Producer to oversee news content on our multiple digital platforms. The ideal candidate will write stories for our web page, post stories on social media, and handle the implementation and training of new digital initiatives. You will work closely with the other producers and reporters on daily selection and style of posting on those platforms. As a newsroom leader, the expectation is that the Digital Executive Producer will lead by example.
The World is a leading American journalism franchise covering global issues on public radio, podcasts and online. The World delivers journalism that is consequential, influential and high-profile. Produced by the combined public media innovators, PRI and PRX, in partnership with the BBC World Service and WGBH, The World reaches more than three million listeners across North America each week and 1.5 million on-line. Our newsroom in Boston is a place where passion and curiosity meet global politics and culture. We strive to tell deeply human stories in creative and innovative ways.
The manager of The World social and community engagement will be charged with the day-to-day operation of World social channels and will be expected to champion social media within the newsroom and the broader editorial team. Are you adept at creating social-first content like audiograms, social videos and Twitter threads? Are you a self-starter with a keen eye for detail? If so, you should apply for this role. While reach of social posts is important, this position will place a premium on cultivating authentic audience engagement. You will be expected to generate ideas for using social platforms to promote engagement with our audience and help connect with fans of The World.
Because this position is part of the newsroom for PRI’s The World, an interest in and comfort writing about and discussing major issues in global news is preferred. In addition to managing social channel, the candidate may be called upon to discuss social media on The World.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Managing World brand social channels, ensuring that all social posts meet World editorial standards, style and voice.
- Create compelling, social-native content that drives audience interest in and engagement with our content.
- Curate content from across the global news market that may be of interest to the World audience.
- Increase the diversity of World audiences by collaborating with and highlighting content from communities under-represented in media.
- Ensuring all social media content meets journalistic standards for objectivity, transparency and ethics.
- Moderate comments on World social communities to ensure discussions, particularly on Facebook, meet our guidelines and remain civil, yet vibrant.
- Seek out fan/follower comments and initiate outreach. Identify opportunities to collaborate with The World audience engagement team to bring those comments into the radio broadcast.
- Use tracking tools and data to analyze user behavior, track success of our tactics, and show progress toward audience growth goals.
- Stay up-to-date on changes in social tools, algorithms and platforms, and guide continual experimentation in our social tactics.
- Collaborate with PRI’s engagement lab to design experiments intended to boost follower engagement and reach.
- Identify opportunities to incorporate audience engagement in digital content for PRI.org.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related field.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in social media or digital journalism.
- At least one year of dedicated community management and community building experience.
- Able to demonstrate strong news judgement; experience in growing a digital audience.
- A strong record of writing social status copy, digital headlines or other display copy.
- An ability to communicate across lines of difference and make positive contribute to a culture that values respect, diversity, and high expectations
- Self-motivated and self-directed; ability to set and meet aggressive goals and to recognize successes and challenges associated with those goals. Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple projects and work under tight deadlines.
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker with a desire to drive innovation.
- A master of writing memorable copy with meticulous attention to detail. Able to recognize interesting stories.
- An audience-first orientation. Can understand the needs and experiences of the show’s audience to continuously improve their work.
- Ability to express independent judgment to identify opportunities and to determine project guidelines, purpose, follow-through and completion.
- Familiarity with social media management tools, with TweetDeck and SocialFlow experience a plus.
- Professional experience with Google Analytics, Chartbeat or comparable analytics tools. A quantitative background is a plus.
This position is full time and based at The World’s newsroom in Boston.
Based in our Glendale, CA headquarters, Fuse Media is currently seeking a Vice President of Development. The VP will be responsible for handling the development process from ideation to post-production. The role will serve as a key member of Original Content Team and be an idea generator, responsible for proactively coming up with innovative show ideas and creating new programs for in-house development. This position is responsible for researching and vetting new program ideas and genres for all Fuse brands and platforms. The ideal candidate is a music culture junkie who lives and breathes the latest trends in music, fashion, food, technology, influencers and megastars with an intuitive sense of what will resonate with Fuse’s multicultural millennial audience.
* Responsible for bringing a steady flow of quality and cost-effective show ideas and projects, both from external sources and through internal ideation
* Cultivate unique, compelling and brand-appropriate content
* Supervise the development of potential new series from concept to series pick-up
* Flesh out internal concepts and create materials to pitch up internally; including writing treatments, creating talent lists and beating out formats
* Liaise with the Legal team to ensure all deals are moving forward and closing in a timely manner
* Liaise with the Production Management team to insure all concepts are fully realized with appropriate deliverables, budget and calendar support throughout all stages of development
* Liaise with the Digital Content team to ensure all concepts are properly aligned with linear concepts
* Develop and maintain relationships within the production community and independent producers; solicit topics from prospective producers as well as research, conceive and create fresh, new ideas
* 10+ years of related content development experience (production experience a plus) in a tv or media environment
* Bachelor’s degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training and hands-on experience
* Must have a deep knowledge of and passion for music, pop culture and unscripted content
* Strong development history and talent for identifying unique material
* Must have the ability to identify producers, production companies, directors and talent necessary to develop successful series for Fuse
* Proven record of demonstrated creativity with an ability to generate new ideas and translate them into high-quality programs
* An independent thinker and natural idea-generator
* Ability to manage outside producers, build credibility and strong working relationships with all partners
* Outstanding editorial judgment and creative abilities, verbal and written communication, organizational, interpersonal, prioritization, motivational and business management skills
* Knowledge of all aspects of contemporary production and post-production capabilities.
Are you just getting started in Broadcast TV, and need some challenging & rewarding work experience? Join the WQAD Production Department, and you will receive training on state-of-the-art equipment, and work with some of the most knowledgeable experts in the field! The WQAD Production Department is a proven leader with a prestigious history in the Quad City market, and is currently seeking a creative, enthusiastic, and motivated Production Assistant to enhance an already dynamic technical team! Expect to actively engage in a comprehensive training program designed to develop the next generation of broadcast Directors! You will master knowledge and skills that will equip you to meet the challenges and demands of the ever-changing broadcast field. If you can adapt to change quickly, think critically, seek innovative solutions, develop a vision & plan for projects, and inspire others, then hurry and apply today!
• Run TelePrompter for live broadcasts.
• Coordinate staging & microphones for live broadcasts & guest segments.
• Will assist Directors with any production related duties as assigned.
• Communicate with various personnel before & during live broadcasts.
• Basic maintenance of studio sets, equipment, and lighting grid.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Must have excellent written communication skills (including handwriting, keyboarding, grammar & spelling).
• Must have excellent oral communication skills.
• Must be able to make decisions and react quickly & calmly to unexpected program changes, equipment malfunctions, and Breaking News/Severe Weather coverage.
• Must possess a valid State Driver's License (or be able to get one).
The successful candidate will train on these skills:
• Ross Overdrive APC operation including: Ross Vision 2X video switcher, Robotic Cameras, Automated Audio, newsroom scripting software.
• Photoshop, After Effects, and basic Graphic Design principles.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
A High School diploma is required. An Associate Degree and 1-year TV Production experience preferred.
This position requires active participation in the WQAD Production Training Program.
Good manual dexterity to operate the numerous small push buttons and rotary switches on equipment. Good eyesight & hearing. Headsets are used in communications.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO APPLY
Send a resume to Tom Maloney, Production Manager WQAD-TV, 3003 Park 16th Street, Moline, Illinois 61265-6061, or you can e-mail him at email@example.com.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel. For more information, please visit www.tribunemedia.com.
Are you a consummate connector, passionate about social justice and a lover of great documentary? Us too!
Doc Society (formerly known as BRITDOC) is seeking a skilled social justice professional to join our Brooklyn-based team as Outreach Manager for the Good Pitch programme in the US, connecting the nations’ best social justice films with new allies and partners. Think you fit the bill? Find out more and be in touch. www.DocSociety.org/Jobs
Qualified candidates must have 5+ years experience and a strong track record of reaching, engaging and building networks of activist and leaders across multiple sectors. Experience in documentary impact producing a plus; managing campaign contact data and strong communications skills a necessity. Doc Society is a small on-profit with global reach. Position is permanent full-time and starts fall 2018, generous benefits package is offered, salary commensurate with skills and experience.
Doc Society (formerly known as BRITDOC) is seeking a skilled, experienced and highly-motivated individual to join our New York-based team as Outreach Manager for the US Good Pitch program. Connecting the worlds best social justice films with new allies and partners.
The Outreach Manager will lead multi-sector research, outreach and engagement to organizers and activists, nonprofits, funders, media platforms, and other potential partners for US based Good Pitch events in 2018 & 19.
We are a small, dynamic organisation which pivots easily and elegantly in response to the needs of the filmmakers and communities we serve. We embrace new ideas. We roll our sleeves up. We deliver with attention, smarts, rigour and perfectionism. We improvise. We’re looking for someone who wants to join us in getting the job done right no matter what.
Doc Society is an international non-profit founded in 2005, it funds and supports nonfiction film and creates opportunities for great documentaries to reach audiences globally with offices in London and NYC. We are a team of 20+ individuals with partners around the world.
The Good Pitch, our flagship public program, is building a vibrant global network of filmmakers and change makers. Good Pitch has helped amplify the social justice campaigns of films such as Bully, Whose Streets, Chasing Coral, Unrest and Virunga through long lasting connections with new allies and partners. The program supports media makers and change-makers with tools, workshops, and the production of a highly curated day-long pitching and networking event. Created by Doc Society in partnership with Ford Foundation and Sundance Institute in 2008, the program has presented more than 34 events for feature docs in 8 countries and 15 cities, plus 4 Local events for short form local media, and dozens of Impact Labs and the first-ever online Impact Field Guide and Toolkit.
Doc Society is committed to equity and inclusion. We seek to address inequities and systemic injustice based on gender, race, ethnicity and socio-economic status in how we disperse funding and provide support for storytellers, in how we curate cultural programs, and as we shape our own organization for the future.
In fall 2018, the New York team will focus on outreach and production of Good Pitch Local in Philadelphia.
Passionate about the potential for powerful coalitions of changemakers combined with great nonfiction storytelling to make a positive difference in the world.
Research and mapping of potential participants for Good Pitch events in collaboration with Doc Society team and partners, with an initial focus on Good Pitch Local events in Philadelphia in fall 2018.
Pursue prospects (local and national organizations, press, media, funders, mediamakers) via email and phone to secure their participation. Write concise and effective outreach communications, track engagement with hundreds of people and organizations such that entire team can access current data.
Produce communications materials including custom notes for event moderators.
Collate evaluation and monitoring information for each edition of the Good Pitch program as per the needs of our funders and partners.
Contribute to overall strategy, research and planning of future Good Pitch events in the US.
Good Pitch Local events focus on one major city and region, highlighting local stories and partners. An equal mix of media makers and change makers are selected to pitch. Doc Society team provides tools and support to craft their 3 minutes pitches. Outreach is thus focused locally and involves researching 800+ potential participants, to create an event of 175 attendees that include the most effective and impactful local organizations, funders, media partners and community leaders, and the most representative and inclusive group possible to participate in the event.
The Outreach manager invites and processes applications for pitches at the live GP Local event and manages a collaborative curation process with Doc Society program team, and local partners, and works with Producer to help prepare presenters and finalize featured project content at the event.
Have a minimum of five years experience in issue area mapping and leading social sector outreach work and/or documentary impact producing ,and deep knowledge of CRM (constituent relationship management) and social justice campaigns.
Highly organized, effective and proactive communicator, equally comfortable on email, social and direct verbal communication, and adept at working with a wide variety of constituent groups from across multiple sectors and work styles.
Excited to work with a nimble, creative and innovative, international non-profit which supports great documentary film and creates programs to advance their impact globally.
A good listener, able to quickly research and gain understanding of issue areas and communities and navigate complex relationships with grace.
Experience in community organizing, local coalition building and live community events a plus.
A strategic thinker, able to assess opportunities, make connections and envision potential outcomes.
Comfortable working in an agile and entrepreneurial organization and happy to work across multiple projects to tight deadlines. Carry out all responsibilities in a way which supports Doc Society values and promotes equal opportunities, diversity and inclusion.
Be an ambassador for Doc Society and maintain a professional approach at all times
Undertake any other duties that may be reasonably required
Salary: commensurate with experience and skills
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday 9am-5pm. Extended work hours including evenings and weekends may be required during peak production periods.
Holiday: 19 days paid annual leave + 9 days holiday
Health, dental and vision benefits, further details shared with shortlisted candidates.
Report to: Patricia Finneran, Producer, Good Pitch, Doc Society
Application Process Please send your resumé and a cover letter detailing:
How you meet the job specification
What you can bring to the role
Why you’d like to be part of Doc Society and the Good Pitch Local program.
Please do not apply if you are looking to work in film production as this is not a film production job.
Please email applications to Shannon Thomas, Office Manager, Doc Society, Shannon@docsociety.org, with “Outreach Manager, Good Pitch” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: September 7, 2018, or until post is filled.
Please be available for interview preferably in person at the Brooklyn office and/or via skype for out of town candidates. Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete an assessment in advance and an aptitude based exercise at interview. Ideal start date is mid-September
Should you have not heard from us by October 19, please assume that your application has not been successful. We will be unable to give feedback to applicants not selected for interview.
To learn more about Doc Society, its activities and core values, please visit www.docsociety.org and www.GoodPitch.org/Local. See below for more information on Good Pitch Local.
The Doc Society Inc office is located in Dumbo neighborhood in Brooklyn, New York and is shared with other creatives in a bright, open plan office. Occasional travel may be required with advance notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Doc Society Inc, is an “at-will” and equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
The International Consortium of Investigative Journalists is seeking a development associate to join our fundraising team. This person will work closely with ICIJ’s grants manager and senior staff on crafting and implementing development strategy, identifying fundraising opportunities and creating a robust pipeline of institutional funders and individual donors. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate self-starter with ample room for growth. The successful candidate will be based in ICIJ’s Washington, D.C. office.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Accept, record and acknowledge all donations in a prompt and professional manner
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date donor database in Salesforce
- Respond to donor requests and inquiries
- Conduct prospect research to identify new funding opportunities
- Craft appeals and other fundraising communications through email, social media and other channels
- Assist in grants management process, which includes preparing written materials (letters of intent, proposals, reports) and maintaining grants calendar to meet deadlines and fulfill requirements
- Assist with event planning
- Other duties as assigned
Your skills and experience:
- A bachelor’s degree
- One or two years of relevant nonprofit or fundraising experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, take initiative and work independently as well as collaboratively across the organization
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Positive, can-do attitude with good problem solving skills
- Strong computer proficiency, including Google Suite, Microsoft Office and donor database systems (knowledge of Salesforce or other CRMs a plus)
- Interest in investigative reporting and/or nonprofit media. Background in journalism helpful but not required.
Are you interested in applying?
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to Caitlin Ginley Sigal.
ICIJ is committed to hiring employees from diverse backgrounds with excellent skills. People of color, women, LGBT+, and differently-abled people are strongly encouraged to apply.
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source of information for the world's most influential business leaders.
Bloomberg Media Group is searching for a Creative Lead - Design who can take on a leadership role, always acting as an inspiration for the team. You are a strong conceptual thinker with broad experience in digitally-led design and video. You’re comfortable both directing a cross-disciplinary team to produce breakthrough ideas and work, as well as “getting your hands dirty” as part of a larger team. The ultimate goal will be to collectively elevate our creative practice and serve as a partner to our custom editorial and strategy teams.
We'll trust you to:
- Generate innovative ideas across all existing and emerging platforms and inspire colleagues to create world-class, pioneering work and content (We’re looking for portfolios that are broader than exclusively: 30 and: 60 brand commercials.)
- Guide, teach and push members of the design team in developing concepts and be part of the creative process from strategy to concepts to execution
- Autonomously own a large project from kickoff to completion, often balancing multiple projects at once
- Participate and consult with Strategy in activities such as customer journeys, whitespace identification, briefs, and client relationship development.
- Oversee and provide thought leadership in the assessment of existing properties for content value, relevance, aesthetics, branding, and overall experience
- Champion principles of experience design and know when to bend the rules and look for opportunities to innovate
- Showcase your diverse creative skills, sharing the latest and greatest
- Collaborate with cross-functional team on implementation feasibility to ensure conceptual ideas are realizable
- Build confidence with clients through compelling presentation of experience and content ideas. Independent thinking and effective oral and written presentation skills are required
- Collaborate, multi-task and work efficiently under the pressure of deadlines
You'll need to have:
- 7-10 years of experience design and strong interactive/video work experience preferred
- Creative or content/publisher/agency/consultancy experience desired
- Experience managing, mentoring and evaluating teams
- Ability to explain abstract, complex or cutting-edge ideas in a straightforward way
- Proven skills in presenting, client partnership and visual communication
- Knowledge of the capabilities of modern web and social technologies and desire to stay at the forefront as new technologies emerge
- Experience working with Strategy to synthesize results into actionable design decisions.
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely, helpful feedback to improve creative processes and to keep work on budget and schedule
- Candidate must be open to travel as needed
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ABC7 Chicago is seeking a Full-time Stagehand to join our team
Must be capable of handling studio lights, sets, scenery and props as well as operating staging equipment, lighting consoles, and operating teleprompter.
Candidate must have at least 5 years experience in TV news and program studio production.
Experience is essential in television remote setups and lighting. Candidate must be available to work all shifts, including nights and weekends.
Applicant must become a member of the Theatrical Stage Employees Union Local 2. Salary is based on the I.A.T.S.E./ABC Agreement. Eligible applicants should upload their cover letter and resume at www.disneycareers.com
Requisition ID # 584004BR
No phone calls, please.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Reporting Location – Chicago, IL
Bloomberg Businessweek is a global source of essential business insight that inspires leaders to turn ideas into action. Through content, context and teamwork, Bloomberg Businessweek moderates global conversations and moves business professionals forward. Founded in 1929, Bloomberg Businessweek magazine is the market leader, with more than 4.7 million readers each week in 140 countries.
Bloomberg Businessweek is looking for a creative, highly organized, multi-tasker to work in a dynamic busy weekly magazine. Director of Photography is responsible for maintaining editorial tone and voice through photography on print and digital platforms.
- Research photography from both traditional and non-traditional photo sources
- Bring creative vision to assigned and commissioned editorial shoots
- Collaborate with editors to build on-brand, compelling visuals to complement content
- Manage freelancers, photo budget and invoicing. Negotiate fees, secure photo rights and contracts
- Organize, handle and maintain database of digital images files
- BA in the visual arts or relevant work experience
- Minimum of 5-years photo editing experience. Editorial photo experience desired.
- The ability to manage and coordinate photo assignments, color correct images, capture relevant images, locate interesting subjects, and manage the archiving of images is required
- Experience managing a team of photo editors
- Proficient on a MAC platform
- Experience matching photos with headlines to achieve maximum impact
- Strong communication skills (written/verbal)
- Able to work effectively under deadline pressure a requirement.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think you’re a match! We’ll be in touch right away with next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Sinclair Broadcast Group is looking for an experienced Marketing Consultant with deep expertise in the operations and marketing of auto dealerships to become Sinclair local market subject matter experts. The people in these positions will become integral parts of our company-wide training and sales initiative focused on tier 3 auto business. In addition to training and coaching, we’re looking for closers with a proven record of developing business in the category, accurately forecasting revenue, and creating strategic business plans in this highly competitive vertical. The winning candidates will design and implement revenue growth strategies for their local market both as an independent seller and co-seller with local colleagues. Creating solid partnerships with dealers and Sinclair station leadership will be be keys to success. If you’re an industry leader, we’re interested in talking to you.