ABC 7 Chicago's #1 news is seeking an experienced newsroom leader to produce its top-rated 6pm newscast.
In addition to crafting a fast paced, visually compelling show, the producer is responsible for communicating with reporters about the focus and format of their stories. The producer will also be responsible for creating graphics and editing video at their desktop.
The ideal candidate must have rock solid news judgment and be aggressive when it comes to covering breaking news. The successful candidate will have strong writing, communication and organizational skills. Must demonstrate consistent use of social media in all parts of newscast creation from story selection to on-air presentation.
3-5 years of medium to large market experience is preferred.
College degree required.
Interested applicants should upload a cover letter and resume online at
www.disneycareers.com. Requisition ID# 520580BR
No phone calls, please
Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Reporting Location – Chicago, IL
Fuse Media is looking for a dynamic Manager of Research to join our research team, in our New York Office. The Manager of Research supports the VP in cultivating consumer and cultural insights via the analysis of syndicated and primary research sources. This role is an excellent opportunity to make a mark on an emerging global media company that targets the powerful multicultural millennial market. The Manager of Research is primarily responsible for supporting Content Strategy and Programming departments as well as Fuse Media’s leadership team.
- Extract and analyze linear ratings and programs on Fuse and FM.
- Provide insights/strategic direction in regards to scheduling both Fuse and FM.
- Analyze viewership across all platforms, such as linear, digital, VOD, apps and OTT.
- Present detailed and top-lined reports to the head of Content Strategy.
- Respond to ad hoc requests regarding network, competitors and series linear performances.
- Follow industry trends; research and disseminate key learnings to the broader organization
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least four years’ experience in a television research role at a network, linear content provider, or other media company.
- In-depth knowledge of TV/Media landscape and impact on TV viewing.
- Experience using television ratings applications such as NPower, Star Trak, Omniture, and Rentrak On Demand essentials.
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and Powerpoint.
- Ability to shift gears quickly as priorities change.
- Interest in and knowledge of the television and video landscape.
- Comfort working with numbers/data.
- Attention to detail.
Please submit all applications, here.
Fuse Media is looking for an experienced Sales Planner to join our dynamic sales team in developing customized plans and presentations for Ad Sales clients. This Sales Planner role is based in our New York offices, and reports into the Director, Pricing and Planning.
- Create and modify sales proposals in the Gabriel system
- Monitor on-air schedules on a daily basis
- Prepare post analysis for clients
- Resolve contract discrepancies
- Obtain, organize and analyze research and competitive information
- Monitor stewardship of all accounts and allocate under delivery packages as needed
- Manage integrated marketing executions and provide recap for both agency and clients
- Support NY Sales staff with projects and ad hoc reporting
- Highly organized and detail oriented to manage multiple accounts
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Familiar with research products including Nielsen and MRI
- Team oriented with the ability to work independently
- Bachelor's degree in Communications Strong understanding of media math
- Proficient in Excel, Power Point & Word
Fuse Media provides entertainment and culture content across television and digital platforms that appeal to the wide-ranging tastes and attitudes of the fast-growing, multicultural 18-34 audience. The company’s holdings include the national cable network Fuse, and in the fourth quarter of 2015, Fuse Media will launch FM, a cable network and digital media brand that will feature a programming line-up with music at its core.
Please submit all applications, here.
Fuse, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Fuse is looking for an innovative, talented editor to join their creative team to make short form series for their digital content group. Candidates should have a great sense of humor, love music and are able to go with the flow. Would prefer a candidate who also directs. If you don’t have a passion for music and music culture- this is not the position for you.
We’re looking for the following…
- Minimum 3 years of editing for video at music video, commercial, broadcast and/or digital media entities
- Quickly iterate off of successful videos
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere and Final Cut
- Familiarity with After Effects preferred
- Basic color correction and sound mixing skills required
- (Expedient) project manager who can internalize notes and execute quickly
- Motion graphic experience a plus
- Must be comfortable with most video codecs and formats
- Experience shooting and knowledge of cameras preferred
- Comfortable with producing content
- Have knowledge of Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, Instagram, and other social platforms
- Interest in social platforms and data
- Must have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Experienced in deadline driven environment and internet video
- Passion for music and youth culture
- Candidate would be the lead editor and responsible for editing short form series
- Candidate would work with other editors to ensure consistent quality across videos
- Candidate would direct some videos and should have a strong creative pov
Please submit all applications, here.
WCIV in Charleston, SC is looking for experienced a Marketing Consultant with deep expertise in the operations and marketing of auto dealerships to become Sinclair local market subject matter experts. The people in these positions will become integral parts of our company-wide training and sales initiative focused on tier 3 auto business. In addition to training and coaching, we’re looking for closers with a proven record of developing business in the category, accurately forecasting revenue, and creating strategic business plans in this highly competitive vertical. The winning candidates will design and implement revenue growth strategies for their local market both as an independent seller and co-seller with local colleagues. Creating solid partnerships with dealers and Sinclair station leadership will be be keys to success. If you’re an industry leader, we’re interested in talking to you.
Sinclair Broadcast Group in Chattanooga, TN is looking for an experienced Marketing Consultant with deep expertise in the operations and marketing of auto dealerships to become the Sinclair local-market subject matter expert. The person in this position will be an integral part of our company-wide training and sales initiative focused on tier 3 auto business. In addition to training and coaching, we’re looking for closers with a proven record of developing business in the category, accurately forecasting revenue, and creating strategic business plans in this highly competitive vertical. The winning candidate will design and implement revenue growth strategies for their local market, both as an independent seller and co-seller with local colleagues. Creating solid partnerships with dealers and Sinclair station leadership will be the key to success. If you’re an industry leader, we’re interested in talking to you.
Specific Duties include:
- Exceed expectations for market penetration, average deal size and total revenue in assigned geography
- Maintain consistent presence in the field, driving growth from all auto dealers
- Develop, implement and manage business plan to exceed corporate objectives and sales goals
- Act as player/coach on in-person sales calls with key decision makers at dealerships throughout the local market
- Conduct immersive training sessions with sales team based on Sinclair auto philosophy
- Collaborate with in-market SBG leadership to set sales goals and objectives for each local account
- Provide the Regional Digital Automotive Manager with monthly outlook and revenue forecast
- Work closely with sales management and corporate staff to ensure coordination and cooperation in support of sales and operations
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Demonstrated success in building and maintaining top-tier customer relationships
- Strong business acumen with a thorough understanding of marketing strategies, automotive business cycles and consumer behavior
- Real experience and success communicating and working directly with auto dealers on identifying and achieving their business goals
- Proven track record of developing and managing people and the sales process
- Strength in running multiple unique strategic projects concurrently
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience in dealership operations and/or digital media sales
- Experience managing a large sales territory
- Proficient in the use of office software and CRM tools
- Excellent communication, presentation, planning, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Previous sales management experience is valued not required
Sinclair Broadcast Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Apply online at www.sbgi.net.
Reporting to the President and CEO and as the second highest level manager in the organization the Chief Operating Officer’s primary role is to direct, manage and oversee ideastream distribution assets, including WVIZ, WCPN, WCLV, OH Channel, ideastream.org and all social media platforms to ensure efficient and effective digital-first content and services to the community, audience and users, including legal and regulatory compliance. The COO is specifically responsible for the station management of WVIZ, WCPN, WCLV and the OH Channel/OGT, ideastream.org, Community Engagement and Education, and Technology. The Chief Operating Officer is responsible for implementation and success of the organization annual operating plan and objectives.
Please address in a cover letter how you see your skills and experience specifically aligning with the Essential duties and responsibilities and Qualifications (specifically, knowledge/skills/aptitudes) noted in the job description on the ideastream website.
Go to www.ideastream.org/careers to apply.
ideastream is an equal opportunity employer; we value diversity in our workplace.
Correspondent (2 positions)
PBS NewsHour is seeking a Correspondent that will cover a wide range of general assignment stories, from day of air breaking news to long form features. Responsibilities include conducting reporting from the field as well as live interviews in studio, and reporting and writing news-driven, well-told and crafted stories for national news broadcast and digital properties. College degree in a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of seven (7) years experience working in broadcast journalism, preferably in national news, covering national and international affairs on television.
For a full job description or to apply through our online application, please click here to be directed to the careers page at WETA. To confirm that a WETA or PBS NewsHour job posting is under recruitment, please visit our websites for our current job postings list: www.weta.org and www.pbs.org/newshour/.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
WTAT FOX24, Charleston, SC has an opening for an Account Executive.
For more information on this and other available positions go to foxcharleston.com and click on "about us", then "Join our Team!".
WTAT FOX 24, Charleston, SC has an opening for a Master Control Operator.
For more information on this and other available positions go to foxcharleston.com and click on "about us", then "Join our Team!"