This position is an integral part of digital sales. The DSS (Digital Sales Specialist) is a progressive, creative thinker who can conceptualize, execute, and close revenue producing ideas that connect our advertiser’s goals to our multimedia spot & digital properties, including, but not limited to, the station websites, apps, social media, off-site partners, and agency services.
This position works with the sales management team including Local Sales Managers and National Sales Manager in business development for the overall operation; specifically championing digital sales. This position reports directly to the Digital Sales Manager.
- Drive digital revenue growth for the station and company; take revenue share out of the market, and create new digital business - be a part of every local advertiser’s budget.
- Work at a partnership/consultative level as an expert in digital & spot advertising with account executives, agencies, and advertisers.
- Work in tandem with the Digital Sales Managers and LSM to form revenue strategy, expense management, training, and overall cross-media revenue production.
- Knowledge of all digital sales products, creative, inventory management and pricing strategies.
- Assist in forecasting revenue, developing and sustaining a business plan to exceed the digital sales budget.
- Deliver sales presentations solo and in tandem with sales people.
- Create strong business relationships and develop a sense of team with the Account Executives and assist with targeting.
- Develop and deliver best practices for digital knowledge among the sales department and clients.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to support digital initiatives including ad operations, creative, agency services, analytics partners, audience extension partners, contesting and email programs, lead generation, search, and others.
- Produce reporting, and other support functions of Interactive and other assigned duties.
- Promote a winning, positive culture. Be a team player. Have passion for the business, your job, and helping clients to be successful.
- Experience in digital & spot selling/buying/creating.
- Ability to translate and communicate problems into opportunities. Creativity and nimbleness is essential.
- Presentation experience, excellent written and verbal communications essential.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, manages time wisely, and prioritizes projects and people.
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Social media
- Some technical skills to work with ad tags, analytics, campaign tools.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION:
Send a resume to Dan Englund, Director of Sales at WQAD-TV, 3003 Park 16th Street, Moline, Illinois 61265-6061 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tribune Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer