The primary focus of the Director is to develop a production plan for and direct newscasts and related productions. Produce and direct, promotions, remotes and public service projects
- Develops a production plan for and directs newscasts and special productions. Also, responsible for the pre-production of certain elements and segments. Including various graphic formats.
- Interacts with newscast producer to understand the content, tone, structure and pace of the newscast.
- Must be able to work within and set up the scripting and production tools needed to prepare and execute the live newscast.
- Leads the production team to creatively and technically execute the newscast.
- Coordinates with the News and Creative Services Departments to achieve the graphic elements of the newscast.
- Responsible for monitoring studio lighting and staging needs for any production they are involved in.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
Operation of Ross video switcher program, newsroom operating software, editor and other equipment necessary for live News and special projects including commercial and promotional spots. Good eye for composition and experience on a computer graphics platform. Ability to make decisions and react quickly in order to respond to last moment program changes and equipment malfunctions. Possess the ability to give direction to Production staff in a clear and logical manner. Be able to quickly interpret and react upon the producers’ request. Must possess a valid State Driver's License (or be able to get one).
A college degree is preferred and/or two to five years WORK experience.
Good manual dexterity in order to operate the numerous small push buttons and rotary switches on the equipment. Good eyesight and hearing for the composition and evaluation of commercial production and programs. Good hearing to be able to receive producer commands, program cues and run audio. Headsets are used in communications.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION:
Send a resume and tape (or link) to Tom Maloney, Production Manager WQAD-TV, 3003 Park 16th Street, Moline, Illinois 61265-6061 or you can e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel. For more information, please visit www.tribunemedia.com.