Based in Chicago or Quad Cities. Responsible for all sales activity for assigned representative firm national offices; monitors and evaluates sales performance; assists in training and development of sales representatives; participates in setting and is accountable for meeting financial goals and growing market share; establishes and maintains positive working relationships with major agencies/clients.
- Accountable for meeting targeted financial budget and market share goals. Monitors national sales activity on weekly basis from reports provided by internal and external monitoring sources.
- Monitors performance of national representative firms through on-going evaluation of various areas including billing growth, share increase, success at selling sports, specials, pre- and post-sell efforts, attention to buyer’s and station’s needs and provides direction and guidance in developing sales goals and strategies to effectively meet these goals.
- Assist rep firms in preparing sales presentations of major sports events and specials by gathering data from various station sources and overseeing preparation and presentation.
- Packages available airtime, decides rates to be charged using station’s commercial rate card as guide and sells to national buyers.
- Develops and maintains direct relationships with agencies and clients to promote station’s image.
- Supervises national account coordinator and assists in the training and development of and rep firm sales personnel.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or equivalent related experience. Minimum five years experience in television sales.
- Requires analytical and technical skills to analyze the markets, package, price and sell available airtime.
- Requires demonstrable knowledge of sales, research and agency operations to train, motivate, direct and evaluate the performance of rep firm staff. Requires a thorough knowledge of the ratings and strategies of each station and competing rep firms in the national markets.
- Effective oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with, negotiate with and influence internal and external contacts.
- Requires the ability to analyze the market, set rates and direct national sales activity to meet established financial goals and market share. Requires ability to effectively direct and influence national sales activity to get the best performance for the station.
2501 W. Bradley Place
search for keyword “National Sales Manager”.