Manages the commercial inventory for WQAD, Antenna TV and MyTV maximizing all available time.
- Maintain skims, regular avails, base rate and other Wide Orbit sales reports and make any revisions necessary to provide adequate information to sales management and staff
- Process orders
- Make necessary changes caused by last minute orders, make goods or changes to current day’s log
- Advise sales reps of changes affecting spots and also of spots not available
- Work with DOC by ‘phone to resolve issues with current day’s log caused by network changes or breaking news
- Work with accounting to resolve issues in log reconciliation process
- Provide Wide Orbit training as needed for sales staff
- Assist department heads and other departments as necessary, providing information or actions that affect logs
- Provide back-up for Traffic Assistants that may be absent due to illness or vacations
- Participating in training events for software, management skills and other fields that might affect the performance of duties
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Sales
- Supervise and provide training as needed for Traffic assistant & Sales staff
- High School diploma (college preferred) or equivalent related experience.
- Requires some experience in TV or Radio Traffic Department.
- Preferred Managerial experience.
The Traffic Manager acts within Company policy and applicable federal, state and local legislation to do whatever is necessary to schedule all elements of the station’s broadcast.
The Traffic Manager effects the entire department and its ability to work together within a reasonable time frame. As the primary inventory control person for WQAD it is important to maximize revenue and work well with sales to assist with their clients on the contracting, scheduling, airing, and billing of all advertisers appropriately.
General Supervision by Director of Sales. Daily contact with sales, programming, community affairs, engineering, management and creative services departments along with daily contact and cooperation within the traffic department .
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION:
Send a resume to Dan Englund
Local Sales Manager at WQAD-TV
3003 Park 16th Street, Moline, Illinois 61265-6061
Or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
Tribune Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer