WLS-TV, the ABC Owned and Top Television Station in Chicago, is looking for a dynamic and strategic Leader to manage its talented sales and marketing team.
The role of the Vice President, General Sales Manager is to be the champion for ABC 7, and to coordinate all sales activities for the station across all platforms. Interested candidates must be able to demonstrate measurable and sustained results for generating revenue in our evolving marketplace. The individual must be a proven motivator and provide inspiration to an already high performing team.
This is a highly collaborative role working closely with all departments across the station and the Disney ABC Television Group. The VP will oversee relationships with our customers, and will work to develop solutions for their brand needs that benefit the stations revenue goals.
- Work with sales team(s) to achieve budget and financial goals for the station.
- The Vice President of Sales will be charged with motivating and inspiring a high performing and creative team.
- Provide an environment where ideas and creativity flourish to develop integrated sales and marketing solutions.
- Identify and provide opportunities for growth and ownership within the team.
- Must be constantly up to date and aware of available inventory across all platforms.
- Recruit, retain and lead a best in class sales and marketing team that believes in the value we bring to our clients.
Candidates must have a proven track record in television sales and sales management. A thorough understanding of inventory yield management, agency/client relationships, marketing, and new business development. Additionally, the ideal candidate must have a clear vision for excelling in the digital marketplace.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
WLS is Chicago’s source for breaking news and live streaming video online. Covering News, Weather, Traffic and Sports for all of the greater Chicago Area.
Interested applicants should upload a resume along with references online at www.disneycareers.com. Requisition ID# 454429BR
No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Reporting Location – Chicago, IL