WVIZ/PBS ideastream is looking for a Programming and Traffic Supervisor. This position is responsible for the day to day scheduling operations of WVIZ/PBS and its digital channels, enters the national and local program schedule into the TV scheduling database; serves as the primary traffic operations liaison between WVIZ/PBS and personnel at Ohio’s consolidated program origination system. The successful candidate will also have responsibility for supervising traffic personnel and the overall Traffic Function and tracking and updating rights and usage of programming and on-air promotion materials.
- Demonstrated knowledge of television broadcast operations, including traffic data systems and procedures, program logs and sales inventory/scheduling systems. Experience in Protrack preferred.
- Ability to work with figures, especially as related to program timings
- Knowledge of public television programming, on-air promotion and broadcast continuity
- Detail oriented and able to meet multiple deadlines
- Must be available on an on-call basis during station broadcast hours
- Solid understanding of computer technology
- Solid communicator with good interpersonal and team skills.
- Two years’ experience in television traffic operations or programming required, particularly in PBS programming and operations.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
For more information about this job and to apply please visit our website: www.ideastream.org/employment there you can view a complete job description.
ideastream is an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity in our workplace.