The Public Relations Specialist is an experienced writer, storyteller, relationship builder and media relations expert excited to join our account team as an Account Executive. The right candidate for this position has experience translating a brand’s business objectives into strategic media relations and content marketing initiatives that build brand awareness and drive business results.
LaunchSquad creates stories for companies we love. We’re an award-winning communications firm known for building strategic public relations, original content marketing and social media programs for some of with the world’s most innovative, fast-growth technology and consumer lifestyle companies around. You’ve probably heard of a few: Coursera, Aquia, American Giant and Uber. Currently, our New York office is growing and we’re looking for an established Public Relations Specialist to join our team as an Account Executive.
A Public Relations Specialist is an experienced writer, editor, social media expert, storyteller, relationship builder and media relations specialist. S/he has experience translating a brand’s business objectives into strategic media relations and content marketing initiatives that build brand awareness and drive business results. The right candidate for this position is fluent in the fundamental of public relations. S/he can quickly write a byline or craft a targeted pitch. S/he is also an experienced client relations manager who understands the balance between delighting and leading a client and team. Besides taking a leadership role in driving the execution of communications programs, the Public Relations Specialist plays an active, hands-on role in mentoring junior staff and learning how to empower and lead a team.
LaunchSquad is made up of talented writers, reporters, editors, content marketing strategists, media relations specialists, creatives, filmmakers, designers and integrated producers dedicated to storytelling for emerging consumer lifestyle brands and thriving technology start-ups. We are looking for someone who wants to partner with the comprehensive LaunchSquad team to tell stories that stand out. Whether LaunchSquad is creating a branded content video series or writing a thought leadership piece for a media property, we pride ourselves on creating campaigns that inspire people to say, I love that company. If you think you have what it takes to join the Squad, we’d like to hear from you.
- 3+ years of direct communications, public relations or marketing experience in an agency or start-up environment and/or direct transferable, fast-paced work experience
- Knowledgeable, passionate storyteller who loves to create and define authentic messages for diverse audiences
- Experience conceiving and pitching targeted stories to business, technology and consumer lifestyle media with a track record of well-crafted media relations results
- Client management or clients service experience with direct responsibility for regular client communications and strategic counsel
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work concurrently across multiple, diverse projects; skilled at prioritizing workload and deliverables to meet client and team deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proficent writing, editing and content strategy and development expertise, including experience crafting bylines, blog posts, media pitches, video scripts, newsletters, abstracts, executive bios and briefing sheets.
- Collaborative, team-oriented work style focused on putting team needs ahead of individual in order to produce the best possible results for clients
- Consistency in one’s work: self-starter with excellent quality standards and a demonstrable history of commitment, accountability and follow through
- Passion for our work and commitment to independent, on-going growth and development
- Entrepreneurial spirit & drive; imagination helps too.
How To Apply
Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter on our website, www.launchsquad.com.
LaunchSquad is a growing communications firm known for change-the-world storytelling with our award-winning public relations, online video + design, and original content marketing and social media programs. LaunchSquad has four offices located in San Francisco, New York, Boston and Seattle and offers a fun, fast-paced, and rewarding work environment. Our client base includes consumer and enterprise technology, consumer lifestyle and media companies. LaunchSquad was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in downtown San Francisco.