This person will provide administrative support for the VP, POS Strategy & Education. This is a new group within our Global Distribution group, focused on building training and development programs for our sales leaders. The POS Strategy & Education team is responsible for educating and equipping our sales leaders to effectively compete and sell the HBO/MAX value proposition at point of sale to improve acquisition, upgrades and customer retention rates that support subscriber growth. This is a role that requires an individual with strong people and project management skills, but we are also looking for someone who has a genuinely curious nature, works smart, goes beyond usual approaches to solve problems, and is dedicated to the position. A successful candidate will be imaginative, resilient in an environment of fast-paced change, and highly collaborative. In this role, you will have the chance to work with a diverse and dynamic group of professionals in a position that promises opportunities for growth.
- Provide general administrative support to one VP as requested. Specific responsibilities include answering phones, making travel arrangements, scheduling meetings, processing expense reports, and planning events (internal and for affiliates).
- Serve as liaison between each VP and their teams, internal HBO clients, and partner affiliates.
- Track budget expenses for assigned corporate accounts.
- Process invoices and route for approval in a timely fashion.
- Prepare outgoing mail as assigned.
- Process monthly expense reports.
- Understand the business objectives of HBO and its affiliates by maintaining familiarity with and an understanding of the telecommunications industry.
- Learn to understand and navigate HBO’s corporate culture to accomplish objectives.
Aptitude and Competence
- Knowledge of standard accounting principles at a minimum.
- Ability to track and monitor budget spending carefully.
- Demonstrate strong organization and planning skills.
- Manage assignments and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of internal applications once trained.
- Demonstrate ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously without becoming easily overwhelmed.
Adaptability to Change
- Demonstrate support for the team through an enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Show a willingness to accept extra work assignments when needed.
- Be able to work collaboratively with team, other office co-workers.
- Adapt quickly to changes in the EA position, the marketplace, and the organization.
- Show a willingness to try new methods and applications when necessary.
- Take initiative in completing assignments, solving problems, and seeking solutions.
- Seek answers to questions proactively when the answers are not immediately apparent.
- Make progress on assignments independently.
Professionalism, Standards and Ethics
- Must be articulate, in spoken and the written word.
- Must listen well.
- Strive to demonstrate adherence to the highest professional standards and ethics.
- Demonstrate appropriate discretion and decorum while in the office.
- Exhibit a professional and courteous attitude during interactions with team members, co-workers, and affiliates at all times.
- Represent the team well on budget calls, in application trainings, and in meetings.
- 3+ years business experience in a fast-paced environment
- College degree preferred
- Accounting/budgeting experience preferred
- Sales training and learning and development support experience preferred
To apply, please visit timewarner.com/careers