Location: Rochester, New York
Posting Date: March 8, 2016
Posting Time Frame: 20 Business Days
Position Summary: WROC-TV8, a CBS affiliate, is looking for an experienced News Anchor/Reporter. This individual will present news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging, and meaningful to news consumers. Collects, analyzes, and presents facts about newsworthy events by interview, investigation, or observation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
• Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories to provide complete and accurate information.
• Gathers information via research, interviews, and experience; attends political, news, sports, social, and other functions.
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required.
• Pitches stories to News Managers and Producers, which are relevant to the local community.
• Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas.
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
• Writes content for the website and other digital platforms; edits video clips as assigned.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
• Ensures station compliance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state, and federal laws.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Minimum two years of experience in news reporting and anchoring.
• Fluency in English; excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to ad-lib when required.
• Superior on-air presence both in the studio and live locations.
• Excellent news judgment with expansive knowledge of local/national current events, history, newsmakers, and issues.
• Receptive to coaching, able to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
• Flexibility to work different hours and shifts.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The News Anchor/Reporter must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The News Anchor/Reporter must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Please apply at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
WROC-TV8 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER