The International Consortium of Investigative Journalists is seeking a development associate to join our fundraising team. This person will work closely with ICIJ’s grants manager and senior staff on crafting and implementing development strategy, identifying fundraising opportunities and creating a robust pipeline of institutional funders and individual donors. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate self-starter with ample room for growth. The successful candidate will be based in ICIJ’s Washington, D.C. office.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Accept, record and acknowledge all donations in a prompt and professional manner
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date donor database in Salesforce
- Respond to donor requests and inquiries
- Conduct prospect research to identify new funding opportunities
- Craft appeals and other fundraising communications through email, social media and other channels
- Assist in grants management process, which includes preparing written materials (letters of intent, proposals, reports) and maintaining grants calendar to meet deadlines and fulfill requirements
- Assist with event planning
- Other duties as assigned
Your skills and experience:
- A bachelor’s degree
- One or two years of relevant nonprofit or fundraising experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, take initiative and work independently as well as collaboratively across the organization
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Positive, can-do attitude with good problem solving skills
- Strong computer proficiency, including Google Suite, Microsoft Office and donor database systems (knowledge of Salesforce or other CRMs a plus)
- Interest in investigative reporting and/or nonprofit media. Background in journalism helpful but not required.
Are you interested in applying?
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to Caitlin Ginley Sigal.
ICIJ is committed to hiring employees from diverse backgrounds with excellent skills. People of color, women, LGBT+, and differently-abled people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter