Are you passionate about data? Do you have a strong background in programming? Are you interested in learning more about data visualization? If so, GSG is looking for you! We are looking for someone that is up for maintaining our Dynamics platform and building our business intelligence platform (Microsoft PowerBI). Our ideal candidate is detail oriented, understands the importance of keeping a system up-to-date and accurate, loves new programs, enjoys coding, and building new tools. We want a team member that is comfortable learning through trial and error with a knack for figuring out how to use a new system with limited training. This is a full-time internship with the potential to lead to full-time, permanent employment for the right candidate.
Job responsibilities would be split between keeping our every day Microsoft Dynamics system up-to-date and building new dashboards with that data in Microsoft PowerBI. These two systems go together – the ideal candidate would be as devoted to keeping the everyday system up-to-date as they are in building new dashboards to understand business trends.
Microsoft Dynamics Responsibilities:
- Cleans the data in our Microsoft Dynamics system to ensure dashboards can be built and data remains up-to-date, including running error reports
- Makes updates to Dynamics for internal teams, i.e. creating new workflows, adding new fields, etc.
- Responsible for creating opportunities and keeping them up-to-date in the system.
- Works closely with sellers to fix new business opportunity lapsed dates and track developments.
- Creates new projects and updates the project fields based on proposal information.
- Takes the lead in forecasting out revenue for opportunities and projects, including pushing back opportunity revenue that will lapse.
- Keep track of upcoming CPA Retainers for renewal at the opportunity level and ensure revenue is accurately forecasted.
- Works closely with the head of Practice Operations to ensure the research plan in Dynamics is accurate and forecasting revenue correctly based on likelihood to win the primary.
Microsoft PowerBI Responsibilities
- Develop, maintain, and manage our Business Intelligence platform (Microsoft PowerBI).
- Work closely with the team to build real-time dashboards.
- Build a strong understanding of our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Professional Services Automation (PSA) platform (Microsoft Dynamics 365 (D365)).
- Deliver technical and end-user documentation for all deliverables.
- Working towards undergraduate degree in quantitative field preferred (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Physics)
- Strong knowledge of programming languages, particularly SQL, R, and/or Visual Basic
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics and/or Microsoft Power BI is a plus
- Experience with predictive modeling techniques a plus
- Advanced Excel, project management and organizational skills
- Problem solver that takes initiative and provides innovative solutions to problems and has the ability to work independently
- Detail oriented
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please send your information our way! Follow link to apply: https://jobs.lever.co/globalstrategygroup/3dde25ad-1241-4dc4-9217-0a8ddfea6de8?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=Emma%20Bowen%20Foundation
When submitting your resume, please include a cover letter which highlights your relevant experience, along with your desire to be a part of the team at GSG. We are interested in candidates who align with our mission and want to contribute to our continued growth.
Candidates who match the needs for the position will be contacted via email.
Global Strategy Group, LLC.
Honored to be named Public Affairs Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report, we are distinguished by our depth of talent, influential clients, and winning track record. Battle-tested in the trenches of corporate reputation management and political campaigns, we bring unrivaled commitment to every assignment. Our culture of independence, integrity, and responsiveness established by our co-founders two decades ago drives our team of nearly 100 smart, strategic, and creative professionals today.
Our clients - which include Fortune 100 companies, national political leaders, associations and nonprofits - rely on us for candid guidance and fast, effective execution. We provide a combination of critical thinking and on-the-ground results that many other firms talk about, but few deliver.
Global Strategy Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: race, religion or creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, uniform service member status, or any other protected class under federal, state or local statute.