5280 Publishing, Inc., is seeking a multimedia sales professional to develop an active account portfolio with unlimited new business potential across all media brands and platforms. 5280’s media portfolio includes the national award-winning Denver-based lifestyle magazine 5280, 5280 Home, and 5280 Health magazines along with their robust digital, social media, and event counterparts.
This energetic and self-driven person will work with business owners, C-level executives, marketing directors, and advertising agencies, both locally and nationally. The ideal candidate must be able to create, present and close multi-platform media plans that lead to long term and new revenue. The candidate should be motivated, organized, goal-oriented, and possess an outgoing personality and professional demeanor. Our sales professionals must be able to prospect, make cold calls, and develop new business while maintaining and growing existing accounts. Must be able to thrive in an informal yet high-pressure, fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Qualify and identify appropriate advertising leads to develop into ongoing business
- Manage inbound and outbound prospects for new business opportunities
- Shows strong aptitude for selling high growth digital products and platforms
- Work with potential and existing clients to understand their advertising and marketing needs
- Create compelling, multi-media proposals to secure business
- Translate clients' and prospects' advertising needs into an advertising plan
- Maintain relationships with existing clients to renew and grow business year over year
- Responsible for making 15-20 outbound calls a day, multiple RFPs and multiple weekly client appointments to achieve and maintain revenue goals
- Willingness to use sales tools and client management platforms to keep database active
- Proven work ethic demonstrated through successful professional, academic and/or extracurricular experiences
- Competitive - enjoys the chase and wants to win
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to a changing marketplace
- Hyper-organized and able to manage a large volume of accounts
- Ability to work well both independently and with a team in a collaborative environment
- Experience in digital media preferred
- Health insurance (FSA, FSA dependent care, HSA options, Teledoc)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Public transportation or parking subsidies
- Fitness club membership option
- Paid time off
Base Salary: $36,450 + uncapped commission
About 5280 Publishing
5280, the largest local magazine in Colorado, was first published in 1993. Its commitment to high-quality journalism has made it one of the country’s most respected regional publications. Since 2005, 5280 has been a finalist for seven National Magazine Awards, the industry’s highest honor, and in 2020, both 5280 and 5280.com were named the best big city magazine and website in the US by the City and Regional Magazine Association. 5280.com has grown into Denver’s go-to lifestyle resource with a robust suite of newsletter products and large social media following. 5280 also publishes 5280 Home, 5280 Health, and Colorado Parent, each of which includes its own digital and event extensions. Colorado Parent has been Colorado's leading source for family information for over 30 years.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
5280 is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applicants of diverse abilities, backgrounds and life experiences to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
No phone calls, please.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resumé with the subject line “Account Executive” to [email protected]