Account Rep, Sales - Longmont Leader
Longmont, Colorado Full-time
The Longmont Leader, a part of the dynamic Village Media network, is searching for a talented and motivated Account Rep to fill a full-time position in Longmont, Colorado for our rapidly growing local news and information website.
How You’ll Succeed
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic self-starter who is passionate about helping to connect businesses with our large local audience. You will be a community ambassador, entrusted to develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with local businesses, agencies or individuals. You will work with them to reach their target audience through various advertising channels and services. You are performance driven to achieve success.
The Account Rep will:
- Develop and manage revenue-producing relationships with clients and agencies
- Prospect for new business using sales funnel techniques
- Analyze client marketing goals and develop needs-based solutions to achieve them
- Manage and take responsibility for the schedule of deliverables and campaigns of each client, being primary point of contact and managing all customer care and service
- Oversee campaign execution and analysis
- Work collaboratively with internal partners to drive revenue
- Use web analytic tools to understand sales opportunities and statistics required for sales presentations
- Work cohesively with other Village Media staff both locally based and across the network
Minimum qualifications for the position include:
- Business development, networking, fundraising or agency experience
- While not a requirement, a track record of sales success in a local media setting is an asset
- Comfortable with selling
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Hard-working, relationship-builder with a winning attitude
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proficient with Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and other Google applications
- Some travel may be necessary
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record required
This position frequently requires the successful candidate to meet and engage with clients at their place of business. Generally, hours of work are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., but there is sometimes a need to work in the evenings and on weekends in special circumstances.
Salary & Commissions
The annual salary for this position is $50,000 plus commissions:
- Commissions consist of 10% of payments by your clients.
Village Media Colorado provides paid sick days, paid holidays and an optional group benefits plan which includes company-paid insurances in addition to voluntary coverages.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Account Rep, Sales” in the subject line.
About Village Media:
Village Media is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion among our staff, volunteers, programs, and partners. We encourage applicants of diverse abilities, backgrounds, and life experiences to apply. If you require accommodations during the selection process, please contact [email protected].
Village Media is an ever-expanding network of local news and community websites. We focus on providing local stories written by local journalists in the communities we serve. In addition to local news, our sites offer weather, events, obituaries and a wide range of community information. We are proud members of the cities where we operate. We support local events and charitable causes and recognize our neighbours’ achievements. We are more than just news: Village Media is all about community.