Job Title: AmeriCorps VISTA
Sponsored Employer: Open Media Foundation
Project Assigned: Open Media Career Engine (OMCE)
Volunteers in Service to America (VISTA) is a national service program designed to assist non-profit organizations and public agencies build capacity to decrease poverty. The Open Media Foundation is dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the Media and Journalism sector.
As an Open Media Careers Engine Service Team Member you will be performing:
● Recruitment (connect with media and journalism organizations to help engage, find, and hire diverse applicants by editing job descriptions, posting to diverse job boards and connecting diverse organizations to industry leaders)
● Fundraising and Sponsorship (lead efforts to secure public grant funding, independent grant writing and research)
● Partnership Building (build partnerships with news organizations and nonprofits around Colorado)
● Convene between media industry employers and Open Media Career Engine to explain and engage leaders to hire diverse candidates
● Project Implementation (help build the job board and establish a training certification program)
Compensation: An AmeriCorps VISTA will receive a bi-weekly living allowance rate by county. Denver, Colorado, members receive $791.70 bi-weekly.
Program Benefits: Relocation Allowance, Living Allowance, Health Coverage*, Training, Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend.
*For details about AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit http://www.vistacampus.gov/healthcare.
Service Areas: Education, Community and Economic Development
Skills: Communications, Team Work, Recruitment
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] using “AmeriCorps VISTA” in the subject line. You will also need to create a profile and application through AmeriCorps. The deadline to apply is September 15, 2022.