5280 Magazine is seeking an associate editor to join its award-winning, dynamic
staff. The ideal candidate should be a creative, sophisticated, collaborative editor,
who has a passion for magazine making and a broad editorial skill set.
● Concepting, assigning, editing, and writing for 5280’s front-of-the-book section
● Producing/writing approximately four to five service packages per year
● Writing for all sections of the magazine
● Writing for 5280.com
● Writing and editing mid-length narrative stories
● Four years of journalism experience; magazine experience is a plus
● Robust reporting and writing skills
● Conceiving of and producing lively, multifaceted service packages
● Capacity to interact collaboratively with art and photo departments
● Strong creative, conceptual thinking
● Ability to hit deadlines
● Basic InDesign skills and familiarity with multiple content-management systems a plus
● Health insurance (FSA, FSA dependent care, HSA options, Teledoc)
● Dental insurance
● Vision coverage
● Paid parental leave
● Public transportation or parking subsidies
● Fitness club membership option
● Paid time off
Salary: Starting at $48,000
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
5280 Magazine is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applicants of diverse abilities, backgrounds and life experiences to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We offer a laid-back and humane work environment, a creative downtown workplace (that is, when COVID-19 subsides), and the chance to do great work with an excellent team. Salary and benefits are competitive. 5280 Publishing is an equal-opportunity employer.
Candidates should send a brief cover letter, resumé, three published work samples (PDF format or links), and five fully fleshed-out story idea pitches with the subject line “Associate Editor” to [email protected]. The application deadline for this position is 30 days after the posting date of this announcement.
This position was posted on behalf of 5280 Publishing by the Open Media Foundation.