Operating in its 27th year, Free Speech TV (FSTV) is a national, nonprofit, independent news network whose mission is to empower an informed and active citizenry to build a more just, equitable and anti-racist world. Powered by our viewers, FSTV amplifies the voices not heard on the corporate networks and lifts up the efforts of everyday people working on the front lines of social, economic, environmental, and racial justice. The team at FSTV believes a just, kind, and sustainable world is built by people inspired by diverse voices, surprising conversations, and fearless truth-telling.
Free Speech TV airs 24/7 with daily news programs like Democracy Now! and The Thom Hartmann Program, with weekly current affairs series like Gay USA and Economic Update, with award-winning documentaries, and with special coverage of events and movements like Netroots Nation, Bioneers and the Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival. FSTV reaches 40 million US homes via DISH, DIRECTV, local cable affiliates, Sling TV, Roku, Apple TV, Alexa, social media and www.freespeech.org.
Summary: The Creative Producer (CP), working with the Digital Director, is responsible for production of the network’s creative design brand across all its platforms and products at the direction of the Digital Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
● Assist the Digital Director with implementation brand guidelines across all media (FSTV original and partnered content) and platforms.
● Producing and managing a library of graphic elements to be used across broadcast and digital platforms, including logos, bugs, bumpers, intros/outros/endplates, slates, thumbnails, promotional materials and original content.
● Managing and updating internal creative SOPs and Guideline documents. Proactively refining the processes necessary to methodically address creative challenges.
● Providing constructive, actionable feedback on original and acquired content to both internal and external producers.
● Supporting show hosts/producers to use the best possible content delivery and promotion work.
● Executing content strategy assignments from the digital director to optimize and grow the network’s profile, content offerings and audience engagement on its digital and social media platforms and adding new platforms when possible.
● Producing original digital content packages (audiograms, images, infographics, videos, etc.) and curating/aggregating partner content for digital and broadcast distribution, working with other members of the content team.
● Participating in the production of original broadcast-length programs and short-form content (eg, Just solutions, Hightower Chat & Chew), as needed and directed by Digital Director.
● Publishing and sharing hosted content on social media and other digital platforms.
● Working proactively to ensure department needs are identified and addressed.
● Perform other duties assigned by the Digital Director.
This list is not all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned. The choice of duties and responsibilities is at the discretion of the employer.
Annual Salary Range: Starting at $53K, commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life, short/long-term disability insurance. Generous paid time off. 401k retirement plan.
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt.
Reports To: Digital Director
Location: Currently, due to Covid, mostly remote current, with regular Denver office/studio visits. Increased time in Denver as pandemic conditions permit a return to the office/studio.
Anticipated Start Date: July/Aug 2022
Free Speech TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering a diverse workplace. We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse staff and creating a working environment that promotes racial equity and inclusiveness. We believe attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission. Women, Black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities and veterans are highly encouraged to apply.
To Apply: The Open Media Foundation Career Engine is recruiting on behalf of Free Speech TV. Applicants will need to submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Creative Producer at FSTV” in the subject line. The application deadline is 30 days from the date of this posting.