5280 Publishing is seeking an innovative and creative digital associate editor to join its award-winning team. The ideal candidate should be a highly organized, talented editor with impeccable judgment, a strategic and tactical thinker, and an exceptional multitasker who thrives in a fast-paced, digital journalism environment.
- Conceiving of, assigning, and editing daily stories for 5280.com, as well as digital-first packages and longform features
- Writing and editing for The Local, 5280’s daily newsletter, as well as the Colorado Explorer newsletter (biweekly)
- Writing for 5280.com and 5280 Magazine
- Working closely with the digital editor on all digital projects and initiatives—from new website features to newsletter launches and cross-platform opportunities—and ensuring they’re completed on deadline
- Monitoring real-time and monthly analytics to pinpoint trends and opportunities for growth and engagement
- Working with the digital team to develop and execute a robust social media strategy
- Building and maintaining working relationships with a stable of freelancers
- Two to three years of digital media experience, preferably in local journalism
- Experience with digital editorial workflow
- Experience editing magazine-style content
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Knowledge of SEO best practices, including conceptualizing content for keyword optimization and writing successful SEO headlines and meta descriptions
- Knowledge of Wordpress, html, Google Analytics, Parse.ly, Hubspot, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Background in newsletter creation and social media strategy and management
- Familiarity with video production, podcasts, and photography
- Health insurance (FSA, FSA dependent care, HSA options, Teledoc)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Public transportation or parking subsidies
- Fitness club membership option
- Paid time off
- Starting at $50,000
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
5280 Magazine is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applicants of diverse abilities, backgrounds and life experiences to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Interested candidates should email a brief cover letter, resumé, and four published clips in PDF format with the subject line “Digital Associate Editor” to [email protected].
This position was posted on behalf of 5280 Publishing by the Open Media Foundation.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter