Open Media Foundation is seeking a Grants and Underwriting Manager to oversee Grants and Underwriting activities for Open Media Foundation and our All-Local FM Radio Station: Denver Open Media.
● Prospecting grant opportunities
● Fostering and developing relationships with prospective grantmaking organizations
● Coordinating grant writing and submission process
● Streamlining attachment and proposal workflows
● Tracking grant deliverables and reporting
● Outreach to local businesses and other potential on-air sponsors
● Review and revise sponsor benefits packages
● Track underwriting fulfillment and reporting to sponsors
● Manage underwriting volunteers and interns
The Grants and Underwriting manager reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Board of Directors and management team in fundraising, grant management, sponsorship/underwriting and compliance/fulfillment for Open Media Foundation. The position is intended to be 40 hours per week, but candidates wishing to work 3 or 4 days per week instead of 5 will be considered at a pro-rated salary.
● 1-3 years demonstrated fundraising or sales experience
● 1-3 years experience with grant management or similar proposal project management
● 1-3 years proven project management experience
● Demonstrated commitment to movements and organizations focused on free speech, community media, or technology for social change
● Effective written and oral communication, both one-on-one and group presentations
● Ability to motivate and inspire others by commitment to mission and enthusiasm for asking for money
● Demonstrated commitment to mission of Open Media or similar equity-focused efforts
● Initiative and ability to work independently
● High energy, confident, with professional demeanor
● Detail-oriented and organized
● Familiarity with granting institutions and other funding opportunities related to the field of media organizations, nonprofits and community engagement projects.
● With the Board and the Executive Director, design and implement annual development plan, and monitor results
● Maintain sponsor and grant relationships though various cultivation activities
● Work to obtain corporate sponsorships for events or station underwriting
● Manage grant writing and grant reporting activities, working with program staff, maintaining regular contact with foundation program officers
● Generate regular reports on fundraising activities to the Development Committee and Board of Directors
● Provide staff support to the Executive Director in their fundraising activities
● Provide staff support to the Board of Directors and Development Committee fundraising activities
● Maintain prospect and donor records. Create reminder system for prospect & donor cultivation
● Ongoing evaluation of development activities to gauge ROI.
Compensation is $60,000/year. Benefits include paid vacation, Health/Vision/Dental and a 4-week paid sabbatical every third year.
If you feel that you meet the above requirements, send a resume with one-page cover letter discussing your interest to [email protected]. Please include two to three professional references. Open Media Foundation is committed to diversity and encourages applicants of diverse age, color, ability, economic circumstance, ethnicity, gender expression, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, and sexual orientation to apply. The position requires full time work at OMF, and while non-local applicants will be considered, all applicants must be available, in-person for the interview process.
Target Start Date: September 2022.