Open Media Foundation is seeking a Grants Manager to oversee Grant development and reporting activities for Open Media Foundation and our All-Local FM Radio Station: Denver Open Media.
- Prospecting grant opportunities
- Fostering and developing relationships with prospective grant making organizations
- Coordinating grant writing and submission process
- Streamlining attachment and proposal workflows
- Tracking grant deliverables and reporting
The Grants Manager reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Board of Directors and management team in fundraising, grant management, and compliance/fulfillment for Open Media Foundation. This is an hourly flexible/hybrid position enabling candidates to work in-person or remotely approximately 20 hours per week. Candidates wishing to move towards a full-time role will have an opportunity to move towards full-time work after 3-6 months by adding additional fundraising responsibilities such as corporate sponsorships and underwriting sales for our all-local FM radio station.
- 1-3 years demonstrated fundraising or grant management experience or
- 1-3 years proven project management experience
- Effective written and oral communication, both one-on-one and group presentations
- Ability to motivate and inspire others by commitment to mission and enthusiasm for asking for money
- Sales Experience
- Demonstrated commitment to mission of Open Media or similar equity-focused efforts
- Initiative and ability to work independently
- High energy, confident, with professional demeanor
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Familiarity with granting institutions and other funding opportunities related to the field of media organizations, nonprofits and community engagement projects.
- With the Board and the Executive Director, design and implement annual development plan, and monitor results
- Maintain sponsor and grant relationships though various cultivation activities
- Manage grant writing and grant reporting activities, working with program staff, maintaining regular contact with foundation program officers
- Generate regular reports on fundraising activities to the Development Committee and Board of Directors
- Provide staff support to the Executive Director in their fundraising activities
- Provide staff support to the Board of Directors and Development Committee fundraising activities
- Ongoing evaluation of development activities to gauge ROI.
Compensation is $30/hr. The position is hourly, but as a W2 employee, not independent contractor.
If you feel that you meet the above requirements, send a resume with one-page cover letter discussing your interest to [email protected]. Please include two to three professional references. Open Media Foundation is committed to diversity and encourages applicants of diverse age, color, ability, economic circumstance, ethnicity, gender expression, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, and sexual orientation to apply.
Target Start Date: June, 2023