News Reporter at KSJD
KSJD’s mission is to inform, entertain, and empower the people of the Four Corners region through arts, culture, news, and public media service.
KSJD Community Radio in Cortez, CO is seeking a full-time News Reporter to produce local news and interviews for broadcast and web. A hybrid schedule is possible if residing in the surrounding area. A moving stipend is available if relocating.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
●Journalism experience and/or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
●Experience producing broadcast and online news media
● On-air and live radio interviewing experience
● Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
●Familiarity and interest in covering local news and events
● Desire to grow news department that covers and collaborates with partner outlets on local, regional, and statewide news
● Knowledge of and/or interest in issues relating to the rural Intermountain West
● Occasional event work at our in-house community theatre to host forums, Q&A’s, etc.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment and physical demands described below represent those an employee would encounter while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is generally inside a quiet environment. Some tasks will take place outdoors.
Physical demands include the following:
● Ability to lift or move up to 20 lbs with an occasional need to lift up to 50 lbs.
● Use of computer keyboard and telephone unassisted.
●Effective verbal and hearing abilities.
● Vision ability includes: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
● Ability to drive a motor vehicle for travel to training, field interviews, meetings, and events.
● Ability to sit, use hands for computer and office duties, stand for presentations.
● Ability to navigate multiple floors using stairwells.
Annual Salary: $40,000-$45,000, depending on experience.
Benefits: 401K match and QSEHRA health benefit.
Moving Stipend: $1,000
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. For best consideration, apply by September 14, 2022. The following documents and attachments are required:
1. A cover letter demonstrating your passion for this role
3. At least three professional references
4. Links to at least two samples of your audio production work
The Open Media Foundation is recruiting on behalf of KSJD Community Radio. Please send your cover letter, resume, references, and links of your work to [email protected] with "News Reporter at KSJD" in the subject line. The application deadline is 30 days from the date of this job announcement.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND RACIAL EQUITY
KSJD is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse staff and creating a working environment that promotes racial equity and inclusiveness. We believe attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission. Women, Black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities and veterans are highly encouraged to apply.