Public News Service
A national newswire for public interest and social justice reporting. Our member-supported model provides content to resource-strapped media outlets and access to voices that are often marginalized by media consolidation. Our network’s distribution platform is designed to reach a wide geographic and ideological audience where they are, with over 6,000 outlets regularly featuring our reporting to an audience of 40-60 million weekly. We are a Certified B Corporation, partly employee-owned, and consciously working to build a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive news company.
Full-time, salaried position with health and retirement benefits after 90 days. This is a remote position and can be based anywhere in the United States, though strong preference will be given to someone based in the Boulder/Denver area, as we maintain a small office with inventory in Boulder.
PNS is seeking an Operations Manager to manage the processes that make our organization work. We are a fully-remote, data driven organization, with many processes related to development (fundraising & sales), membership, and editorial work. This position will support administrative processes across the organization. We are seeking a resourceful, responsive, kind and detail-oriented candidate who can think creatively within a structure.
- Support Membership Team (~60%) – Generate reports and other membership materials; do research; maintain member records; send regular membership correspondence; maintain and organize member events and trainings calendar; assist with any other aspects of the membership renewal process.
- Editorial/Distribution Support (~20%) – Generate story reports; maintain impact records; maintain outlet records and research new media outlets; send regular media outlet correspondence.
- Supports Development/Sales Team (~10%) – Research prospective funders, members, and advertisers; maintain prospect record; generate reports and other sales materials.
- Other administrative duties (~10%) – Assist with financial activities and reports, other duties as assigned.
- Experience doing administrative work in a professional setting.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Competent in data entry and database management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient and trainable in a variety of software programs.
- Ability to work proactively both collaboratively and independently.
- Knowledge of the news/media industry and non-profits or other social change organizations is valued.
- $45,000 annually
Please send resume and a cover letter to [email protected] References will be required at the time of 2nd interview, as well as a basic skills test.