OPEN MEDIA FOUNDATION DESCRIPTION
The Open Media Foundation (OMF) is an innovative media and technology nonprofit dedicated to putting the power of the media in the hands of the people, enabling everyone to engage in their community and bring about the change they wish to see in the world. We empower nonprofits, governments and individuals by providing high-end media, design and technology services, along with the education and tools they need to produce and share their own media. OMF is the perfect place to combine a marketing-centered career with your passion for social change and innovation.
Additional information about Open Media Foundation and its mission can be found at www.openmediafoundation.org.
The Open Media Foundation seeks a part-time contract social media marketing contractor with specific experience in Google AdWords and Google Grants for Nonprofits. The position will start at approximately 10 hours per week, potentially increasing to 20 hours per week if desired. Remote work is possible, but the ability to attend occasional in-person meetings is strongly preferred, so we hope to hire someone living in the Denver Metro area. Our top candidate will have a passion for OMF’s mission and a desire to support the community and contribute to the greater good.
OMF and Denver Open Media help dozens of other nonprofits expand awareness of their work each year. This position will help serve select clients across a wide range of social media marketing efforts with support from other Open Media Staff. The position will help shepherd nonprofit clients through the Google AdWords Grants program at https://www.google.com/grants/ In addition, this position will help Open Media and other nonprofit partners and clients optimize their Google Adwords campaigns.
This position will work with staff and volunteers to support OMF and DOM’s social media presence, with use of Google Analytics and Google AdWords. Successful candidates will have demonstrated success in using Google Adwords and other tools to increase awareness and drive active engagement and membership, ideally in a nonprofit environment.
- Manage OMF & DOM’s Google Adwords programs.
- Manage and support Google Adwords and other Digital Marketing services for Open Media’s NonProfit and Government clients
- Write engaging and impactful content for the OMF & DOM website, newsletters, blogs, social media, press releases, fundraising events and marketing campaigns
- Manage or support OMF’s social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
PREFERRED SKILLS & TRAITS
- Google Adwords experience and/or Certification, including Adwords Fundamentals and Search Advertising
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in working with or for nonprofit organization is not required, but is a strong plus
- Strong writing skills for a variety of media & ability to craft a clear, engaging story
- Self-discipline and organization to follow through on commitments
- Passion and drive to support the mission of OMF & DOM
- Ability to develop agendas, manage meetings, and efficiently facilitate conversations to focus on the most relevant goals and tasks.
- Direct and honest communication style; ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
OMF is offering an hourly wage of $25/hr. to start, with opportunities to move to a part-time or full-time salaried position after 6 months.
HOW TO APPLY
This is an immediate-hire, part-time contract role with flexible hours. Though most hours will be work-from-home, Local candidates are preferred over remote workers living outside of the Denver Metro Area.
Embracing diversity is a core belief of Open Media Foundation. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds, age, economic circumstance, ethnicity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, religion, and sexual orientation to apply.
Please submit the following materials to be considered:
- Cover letter, summarizing why you believe that you are right for this position and why OMF is right for you
Please email both documents to [email protected]. Phone or in-person applications will not be accepted.
A final step in the hiring process for selected candidates is to arrange personal reference calls with former supervisors and others we may choose from your work history.