Are you passionate about social change organizations and experienced in sales? Do you want to help governments and nonprofits use modern communications tools to more effectively engage the public? As the Sales & Digital Marketing Associate at Open Media, you will help further important social causes in your community and bring about the change they wish to see in the world. Collaborating with senior staff, you will help Open Media shift the media conversation (and thus social awareness) from the corporate interests of our commercial media system towards the human interests of an open, diverse, engaged public.
Open Media is looking for a contract to hire a Sales & Digital Marketing Associate. The primary focus of this job will be acquiring new customers for OMF’s creative and communication services. In addition, this position will lead and manage our response to requests for proposals and other revenue opportunities.
- Lead RFP response efforts
- Manage Google Adwords promotion
- Prospect for new business and build a full pipeline of sales prospects (Hubspot)
- Collaborate with and assist our existing Sales Associate and Creative Director
- Weekly cold calls to potential clients and following up by email
- Close and manage incoming sales inquiries
- Attend and present at industry conferences
- Create additional sales channel opportunities through vendor partnerships
- Spearhead targeted outreach campaigns to raise awareness of Open Media
DESIRED QUALITIES, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE
The following qualities of our applicants are a higher priority than any specific skills or experience.
- Passionate and driven to help governments and nonprofits be more efficient and effective through media and technology
- Work well as part of a team - collaborative approach
- Take initiatives in new business development and managing clients’ on-going needs
- Creative and organized: the successful applicant will bring a mix of creative and organizational skills, the type of person who can develop Agendas, manage meetings, and efficiently facilitate conversations to focus on the most relevant goals and tasks.
- Strong organization, prioritization and time-management skills
- Data competent: an understanding of data segmentation and how to apply data insight creatively
- Written and verbal communications: negotiating/sales skills, and effective presentation skills
- Industry knowledge: familiarity with IT terminology and media/communications technologies
The successful applicant will have some proven sales experience in any relevant field, including account management, advertising, PR sales or services, government and/or other sales and account-support roles. You must have experience serving as the first line of contact with customers, and a proven ability to develop solid, consultative business relationships through effective networking skills. Finally, you must be able to demonstrate experience following established processes for tracking sales efforts and progress. Experience with Google Adwords is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
This is an immediate, full-time, contract-to-hire position. Local candidates are encouraged to apply. Out of area candidates will be considered who can relocate immediately without relocation assistance.
Please submit the following materials to be considered:
- Cover letter summarizing why working with OMF in this position is right for you
- Current resume
Please email both documents to [email protected] Please, no phone calls, snail mail, personal hand deliveries or fax submissions - we strive to be paperless. The subject line of your email should read: Sales and Digital Marketing Associate
References: A final step in the hiring process is for candidates to arrange personal reference calls with former supervisors and others we may choose from your work history.
Embracing diversity is a core value of the Open Media Foundation. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds, age, economic circumstance, ethnicity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, religion and sexual orientation to apply.
The Open Media Foundation (OMF) is an innovative media and technology nonprofit dedicated to putting the power of the media in the hands of the people, enabling everyone to engage in their community and bring about the change they wish to see in the world. We empower nonprofits, governments and individuals by providing high-end media, design, and technology services, along with community education and tools. OMF is the perfect place to combine a technology-centered career with your passion for social change and innovation.
OMF provides a full-service media agency focused entirely on nonprofit and government clients. We are a fast-moving and collaborative team of passionate designers and technologists dedicated to helping mission-oriented organizations communicate with those they serve. Additional information about Open Media Foundation and its mission can be found at www.openmediafoundation.org.
Showing 2 reactions
Sign in withFacebook Twitter