Video and Graphics Producer - Creative Services
Operating in its 27th year, Free Speech TV (FSTV) is a national, nonprofit, independent news network whose mission is to empower an informed and active citizenry to build a more just, equitable and anti-racist world. Powered by our viewers, FSTV amplifies the voices not heard on the corporate networks and lifts up the efforts of everyday people working on the front lines of social, economic, environmental, and racial justice. The team at FSTV believes a just, kind, and sustainable world is built by people inspired by diverse voices, surprising conversations, and fearless truth-telling.
Free Speech TV airs 24/7 with daily news programs like Democracy Now! and The Thom Hartmann Program, with weekly current affairs series like Gay USA and Economic Update, with award-winning documentaries, and with special coverage of events and movements like Netroots Nation, Bioneers and the Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival. FSTV reaches 40 million US homes via DISH, DIRECTV, local cable affiliates, Sling TV, Roku, AppleTV, Alexa, social media and www.freespeech.org.
Summary: The Video & Graphics Producer will be responsible for the video/graphic design coordination and production of FSTV’s creative design of network video projects for on-air, social media and digital platforms.
- 3-5 years experience working in a professional creative services & video production environment.
- Skilled at carrying a high project load, while managing priorities and delivering best-in-class creative mission-driven campaigns.
- Skilled in video capturing techniques, post-production & graphic design principles.
- Must-have Intermediate skills video editing and graphic design software. Adobe software preferred.
- Passion and curiosity for brand storytelling and solid project coordination skills.
- Personal commitment to FSTV’s values and its vision of a multiracial democracy.
- Familiarity of social justice organizations, movements and progressive content creators.
- An understanding and familiarity of the intersectionality of social, racial, economic, and environmental justice issues, and a passion for the network’s movement-building mission.
- Knowledge of the process for a broad range of output including: Network campaigns, asset and design tool-kit development, design systems and guidelines, and overall brand frameworks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Assist the Creative Services Director with implementation branding guidelines maintaining cohesiveness and congruency across all media (FSTV original and partnered content) and platforms.
- Producing and managing a library of graphic elements to be used across broadcast and digital platforms..
- Assist with updating internal cre, including logos, bugs, bumpers, intros/outros/endplates, slates, thumbnails, promotional creative services SOP’s and Guideline documents..
- Providing constructive, actionable feedback on original and acquired content to both internal and external producers.
- Work in collaboration with show hosts/producers to identify and implement cross-promotional opportunities.
- Executing content strategy assignments from the Creative Services Director to optimize and grow the network’s profile, content offerings and audience engagement on its digital and social media platforms.
- Producing original digital content packages (audiograms, images, infographics, videos, etc.) and curating/aggregating partner content for digital and broadcast distribution, in collaboration with other members of the content team.
- Participate in the coordination of original broadcast-length programs and short-form content as needed and directed by the Creative Services Director.
- Publishing and sharing hosted content on social media and other digital platforms.
- Working proactively to ensure departmental needs are identified and addressed.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Creative Services Director.
This list is not all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned. The choice of duties and responsibilities are at the discretion of the employer.
Annual Salary Range: Starting at $55,000 - $58,000 (commensurate with experience)
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life, short/long-term disability insurance. Generous paid time off, 401k retirement plan.
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt.
Reports To: Creative Services Director
Location: Currently, due to Covid, mostly remote currently, with regular Denver office/studio visits. Increased time in Denver as pandemic conditions permit a return to the office/studio.
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Free Speech TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering a diverse workplace. We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse staff and creating a working environment that promotes racial equity and inclusiveness. We believe attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission. Women, Black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities and veterans are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply: The Open Media Foundation Career Engine is recruiting on behalf of Free Speech TV. Applicants will need to submit a cover letter, portfolio link and resume to [email protected] with “Creative Producer at FSTV” in the subject line. Application deadline is 30 days from the date of this posting.