Confluence Partners, a boutique communications consultancy specializing in developing and executing thoughtful and customized communications programs for for-profit and non-profit organizations working at the nexus of finance, sustainable finance, impact investing, ESG and philanthropic sectors, is seeking an ambitious, proactive, self-starter to join our team as a Communications Coordinator.
Our Communications Coordinator will work in a truly collaborative environment with a close-knit team that is committed to maintaining a supportive work culture where each member of the team has the opportunity to contribute meaningfully and to be recognized and rewarded for their efforts. Impact investing experience is not required, but a sincere desire to help effect meaningful social and environmental change through sophisticated work as a communications professional is expected.
This is a temp-to-perm opportunity consisting of a three month trial period (40 hours/week) with the possibility of moving to a permanent junior position with our team based on performance after three months. Salary comparable with level of experience.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Researching the latest news and influencers pertinent to clients’ communications programs (covering sustainable finance, impact investing, ESG, private equity, project finance, hedge funds, wealth management, etc.)
- Updating and maintaining client media/podcast target lists
- Assisting with managing clients’ social media platforms such as LinkedIn and Instagram including drafting and uploading content (LinkedIn posts, etc.)
- Authoring blogs/bylines/press announcements when appropriate for a wide array of clients
- Continuously mining for speaking opportunities and updating events/panels database for clients
- Identifying and managing award opportunities for client roster on a regular basis
- Developing agendas for and attendance at regular client calls (weekly, bi-weekly and monthly)
- Copy editing (presentations, proposals, blogs, other developed content)
- Pitching client news and media briefings
- Implementing new business research
- Assisting with general administrative activities as necessary
- Attending company/internal team brainstorm sessions to help develop strategic/creative thinking for clients
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with a concentration in Communications, English or Business
- Previous experience at a PR agency or in-house in Corporate Communications preferred
- A passion to work in impact investing/sustainability/ESG sectors
- Self-starter with a diligent work ethic
- Proficiency in Microsoft software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and social media platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Team oriented
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external teams
- Action oriented – attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye towards achieving results and close attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a ‘work remotely’ office culture
- Ideal candidate will be based in New York metro region in order to attend in-person team and client meetings
- Reports to Managing Director
About Confluence Partners:
For almost a decade, Confluence Partners, a communications strategy firm, has been working at the nexus of finance, impact and philanthropy and specializing in telling the stories that define sustainable investing. We work alongside changemakers from across the capital stack that are shaping the contours of impact investing, helping them define their brands, build adherents and reorient the conversation. We have distinguished ourselves for our ability to help clients with differentiated solutions rise above the noise in what has become a confusing and crowded marketplace.
Clients range from well-established market leaders to start-ups including asset managers, advisors, wealth managers, private equity, hedge fund and venture capital firms, non-profit organizations and a number of sustainability-focused companies.
Our team of senior practitioners brings perspectives informed by our previous careers in law, finance, journalism, business and politics, and, as a result, we are able to provide our clients with advice that goes beyond communications and ties directly to their corporate strategy and operations.
We enjoy what we do and we enjoy our collaboration with one another and with our clients.
Finally, we are an LGBTQ and women-led firm, and value merit, qualifications and abilities. In promoting equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We also will make reasonable accommodations for all qualified employees or applicants with known disabilities, provided that such accommodations will not impose an undue hardship on the firm. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including but not limited to, recruitment, selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, promotion, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Qualified candidates should send CVs with a cover letter to David Press: [email protected]
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter