EdSource, the award-winning nonprofit newsroom with California’s largest staff dedicated to education news, is seeking a part-time grant writer, on a contractual basis, to assist the Executive Director in managing fundraising for the organization.
The major duties and responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Draft grant proposals, budgets and supporting documents with an understanding of EdSource’s history, structure, objectives and financial needs.
- Research grant opportunities, in consultation with the Executive Director.
- Manage the EdSource portfolio of grants, contracts and donations, as well as track deliverables and ensure deadlines are met.
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations to track financial and administrative benchmarks and details for grants, donations, and grant proposals.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills to maintain positive relationships with funders and donors.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
Founded in 1977, EdSource has earned its reputation as a highly respected and independent nonprofit newsroom with a long track record of reporting on important education issues. While its primary focus is on California, EdSource covers issues within a national context. Our journalism is published online, in daily email newsletters, via video and podcast, as well as through partnerships with other news organizations.
This position can be based in the Bay Area or Southern California, although the organization is currently working remotely.
Send a cover letter, resume and provide contact information for three references to [email protected] Please include the job title in the subject line.
EdSource is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds, all races, colors, origins, ancestries, creeds, religions, genders, ages, disabilities, veteran statuses, sexual orientations, and marital statuses are strongly encouraged to apply.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter