The California nonprofit news organization EdSource is seeking an experienced retirement consultant and project manager skilled in change management. The successful candidate will help EdSource executives oversee the selection, implementation and integration of a new 401(k) retirement provider and project manage the transition away from the organization’s existing 403(b) provider, retirement policies, procedures, tools that will endure and grow as the organization evolves.
All eligible EdSource employees get a percentage of their annual compensation in the form of a “benefit bank” to be spent on a menu of benefits, and the retirement consultant and project manager will partner with senior leadership in change management efforts. The consultant/project manager will work closely with the director of operations and CEO, with a deep understanding of benefits, retirement, plan administration and advisory services. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker and a proactive problem-solver with exceptional communication skills.
Founded in 1977, EdSource is a leading nonprofit journalism organization reporting on education in California. While EdSource maintains its headquarters in Oakland, California, this contract position may work remotely from California.
- Conduct market research and serve as a thought partner to recommend appropriate retirement plan, including a recordkeeper/investment provider, third party administrator and fiduciary;
- Support the financial and data analysis of retirement options and supports the negotiation of favorable arrangements with retirement providers recordkeeper and/or fiduciary;
- Lead successful implementation and integration of retirement plan with ADP Total Source PEO and the ADP Workforce Now payroll and HR software system;
- Serve as a liaison between participants, plan administrator and talent and payroll management;
- Help establish control systems for retirement compliance with business methods and HR practices;
- Lead the development, integration, knowledge management and employee documentation of new retirement policies;
- Lead and project manage senior leadership in the development of internal and external communications with stakeholders and partners;
- Lead knowledge management and revision of retirement policies, procedures and tools;
- Lead the outreach and communication to former employees currently enrolled in the existing 403(b) plan;
- Support the close out and transition and withdrawal from existing retirement plan;
- Conduct retirement presentations to support retirement plan enrollment for staff in partnership with HR and retirement training partners;
- Maintain knowledge of legal and regulatory changes, trends and developments affecting retirement benefits;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience as nonprofit retirement consultant;
- Strong human resources project management preferred;
- Full understanding of 401(K) plan requirements, retirement legislation, benefits, retirement policies, and procedures;
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration, or similar;
- Excellent computer skills and experience with retirement, payroll and HR management software;
- Impeccable organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities.
This is a contract role and a reasonable estimate of the estimated base hourly rate of $50-$70/hour, commensurate with experience.
Send a cover letter, resume and provide contact information for three references to [email protected]. Please include the job title in the subject line and in the body of the email how you heard about this opportunity (job post, referral etc.)
EdSource is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds, all races, colors, origins, ancestries, creeds, religions, genders, ages, disabilities, veteran statuses, sexual orientations, and marital statuses are strongly encouraged to apply.