This role will serve as a key partner by providing creative and administrative support, working closely with the team to ensure deadlines, budgets, and deliverables are met. Position responsible for the smooth operation of East Coast TLC Production department from ordering supplies and making travel plans to processing invoices to budget tracking. The position is also responsible for data keying, report pulling, and special projects as directed. This position reports to two VPs of Production and Development.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Executive support (phones/meeting schedules/mail delivery, etc)
- Department Administration (processing invoices and budget tracking, travel planning, and ordering supplies, etc)
- Collaborate and work closely with Network Directors of Production in overall communication and guidelines for deliverable processes to Discovery on designated programs
- Review team production schedules, treatments, scripts, rough cuts, fine cuts, final screening copies, and other materials.
- Provide, organize, and dispense production information to outside production companies (i.e. clocks, technical guidelines, producer’s packet, logo, uplink numbers, credits, ad sales guidelines, copyright language, research information, beta selects, slides, QC results, suggested breaks, etc.)
- Maintain constant communication with production companies to ascertain the most accurate and updated production information such as production schedule, shoot locations, episode descriptions, credits, scripts, graphics, etc.
- Make copies/dubs and distribute tapes, scripts, proposals, and correspondence.
- Assist with coordination and communication with other internal departments. Including:
- Press/IPR – Provide treatments, episode descriptions, cuts, production delivery dates, and shoot locations. Coordinate with Press regarding promotable titles, Upfront programs, and TCA to include production personnel relations and presentation tape production.
- Programming – Provide episode descriptions, episode and show titles, program clips for ad sales reels, delivery updates, and Upfront information. Develop alternative program titles, facilitate the title clearance process, provide parental ratings, and recommend viewer advisories.
- Program Editing/Shared Program Services – Notification of master deliveries, production schedules, suggested edits, viewer advisories, renarration and off-line / on-line supports as needed, and assist in resolving QC issues.
- Production Management – Provide timely updates on production schedules, milestone payment confirmation, and other deliverables information.
- Viewer Relations – Provide Viewer Relations representatives/viewers with airdates, contact information, and filed program content questions.
- Awards / Competition – Provide the required information for selected award entries and/or materials (includes information such as clips, episode and segment selection, program descriptions, credits, contact info.)
- Marketing & Promotions – Assist in selecting and distributing tapes, scripts, and artwork for promo editing and consumer marketing campaigns.
- Business Affairs / Legal – Coordination and communication with Business Affairs and Legal as needed regarding business and contractual matters.
- Provide administrative support to the VP Production. Arrange meetings, conference calls, travel arrangements and handle travel and expense reports as requested.
- Detail orientation/organizational skills, ability to work well with many and diverse personalities, ability to thrive under pressure, ability to work well with numbers, strong communication skills.
- Strong organizational ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Should be proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- 2-5 yrs of experience in a support role preferred.
- Education – college degree preferred.
- Must have the legal right to work in the U.S.
If you’re interested, please apply at our website: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=4481&company=discoveryc