Under the direction of the VP, Programming, this position works on the development of original movies overseeing projects from start to finish. Takes pitches and seeks out programming that is appropriate for Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie and Mysteries scripted needs for both channels. Evaluates submissions and develops the project(s) to meet the Crown Media standards and partners to shepherd the show in all creative aspects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sources and develops original movies; overseeing projects from start to finish. Responsible for 3 - 4 projects a year.
- Provides detailed notes on concepts, outlines and scripts, and delivers clear creative. direction on all film cuts and post elements, including VFX and scoring.
- Develops and maintains relationships within the creative community and liaises with talent, agents, writers and producers to generate content and guide development of projects.
- Leads and attends pitch meetings with talent, agents, and show creators.
- Identify programming opportunities based on brand content, programming trends, and ways to meet the needs of audiences.
- Supervise script/project tracking and facilitates script coverage and evaluation.
- View all dailies and make recommendations if problem arise. (example: deviation from script, make up, wardrobe, focus or lack of coverage).
- Researches the competition for scripted programming to better inform our decisions.
- Under the guidance of VP, manager will continue to hone development skills.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
- 3 years’ television experience (i.e. broadcast or cable network, television movies)
- Prior experience as development executive for broadcast network or cable channel
- PC skills using Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience managing production and post-production schedules
- Must have demonstrated ability to solicit and identify material for original development.
- Must be able to execute and deliver development notes and have established working relationships with creative community (agents, writers, producers).
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
- Must have the ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and have excellent follow-through skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have the ability to communicate professionally and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person and via e-mail and telephone.
If interested please use link to apply: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=32608&clientkey=477B620764F4A7BADB21CD8BE2241D3A