The Senior Manager, Partnership Marketing is charged with the development and execution of network brand strategies and B2B promotions and sales materials designed to support content distribution and distribution partnership efforts for the Crown Media portfolio of entertainment products. The Senior Manager, in partnership with department leadership team, internal department colleagues, and distribution executions, will serve as the project manager developing marketing and communication strategies for B2B outreach (direct mail/email) and merchandising, trade advertising (digital, in-kind, and paid), trade shows (in-person and virtual), sponsorships (digital, in-kind, and paid), and events (in-person and virtual). The Senior Manager will collaborate with internal and external partners to design and lead effective sales material development. These materials are to be developed, maintained, and embraced by the Senior Manager in order to showcase the company’s achievements and provide the distribution team with visually impactful data that directly contributes to the corporation’s vision and revenue goals. The Senior Manager will ensure all top priority distribution goals are aligned with corporate brand positioning and corporate programming strategies. They will actively support and engage with the Distribution executives to develop strategies and materials for partner marketing brand opportunities and programming added value. The Senior Manager will also manage project budgets, post campaign analysis, and reporting. Position may include management responsibilities.
- Collaborate with Distribution management and Partnership Marketing team to develop creative and visually impactful sales presentations and other meeting materials including but not limited to pitchdecks, case studies, merchandising decks, one sheets, premiums, and video assets.
- Direct and manage development and execution of client touchpoints, trade advertising, trade shows, sponsorships, and client events. Includes strategic planning, purchasing, and post campaign analysis.
- Manage and build relationships with internal partners in corporate communications, corporate premiums, consumer marketing, digital, social media, on-air, and creative services to ensure that all partnerships and communications meet company goals and brand guidelines.
- Communicate and proactively share upcoming project phases, obstacles, and milestones to the Partnership Marketing & Distribution team and other internal stakeholders that directly impact and contribute to the Distribution and Corporate goals.
- Mange relationships with external vendors and agencies as required, to include responsibility for ensuring full effectiveness of budget and spending and on-time completion of deliverables.
- Manage annual and customized premium orders, premium inventory for department and tracking with fulfillment agencies.
- Assist in creation and maintenance of affiliate website and our partner loyalty program.
- Develop and maintain process for post-campaign analytics and reporting.
- Represent department and brand at trade shows and events to include full oversight and set-up and greeting and networking with distribution clients.
- 5 years of partnership marketing experience at an entertainment company.
- Prior media & entertainment experience preferred; digital experience ideal; media planning experience ideal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office specifically PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Design.
- Undergraduate degree from a four-year college or university; preferably in Communication, Business Administration or Marketing.
- Prior supervisory or project leader experience.
- Proven ability in successfully creating high-quality and high-impact sales and campaign materials.
- Proven track record of building and maintaining strong internal and external relationships.
- Strong understanding of the media and entertainment industry and related trends.
- Appreciates and understands the legacy of the Hallmark brand and vision, and is in sync with its family friendly promise to viewers, distributors and advertisers.
- Ability to manage budgets and oversee expenditures.
- Ability to analyze ROI, cost/sale, campaign response rates.
- Ability to work within a lean organization.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and personalities in a fast-paced environment.
- Impeccably articulate; has clear and dynamic oral, written, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal, consultative skills that allow this person to be credible, effective marketing source both at corporate and field marketing level, with outside agencies and with outside vendors and suppliers
- Detailed and creative thinker with strong analytical skills to be used in developing strategies for profitable business growth.
- Team player and highly collaborative. Must be able to work well with others and work within the context of the entire company, not just his/her group.
- Competitive – constantly striving to be the best internally as well as to increase and/or improve the Crown Media Family Networks’ brands.
- Strong creative executive with a strategic mind set who can also function tactically.
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated, goal-oriented person with strong drive and a keen ability to work within a small media company like CMFN.