The VP, D&I, Learning & Development role will have oversight for the development and execution of Crown Media’s highly impactful D&I strategic initiatives and partners with internal and enterprise leaders to align Hallmarks D&I framework across the business. The VP is also responsible for identifying individual, group and organizational development needs by defining, developing, implementing, and evaluating strategies and programs to drive business goals and priorities forward. This position is key to designing or securing cutting-edge, transformative learning experiences to enable Crown Media employees to innovate, build, grow and optimize existing and new businesses keeping apprised of best practice for the industry and aligned with any enterprise initiatives. The director is instrumental to reimagining the company’s engagement initiatives, designing and facilitating development training, influencing onboarding efforts and assessing and aligning enterprise training and D&I partnership opportunities that align with Crown Media’s business strategies and cultural initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT:
- Develop and execute strategy for strategy for learning and development programs for Crown Media leaders and manage the delivery learning for priority solutions
- Leverage HR processes and influence key HR initiatives, such as performance management, succession planning, training and development, organizational effectiveness
- Provide creative approach for the business to promote a learning culture, including design and delivery of a portfolio of learning programs, vendor management, resource and budget allocation
- Conducts organization needs assessments to identify opportunities and drive desired changes and outcomes
- Creates training, coaching and mentoring opportunities to improve and empower the employee experience.
- Collaborates with enterprise L&D leaders to leverage learning program opportunities and corporate training programs applicable to all Hallmark affiliate companies
- Collaborates with HR colleagues and managers on the development and evolution of future skilling and reskilling for staff and determine pathways for success and retention of key talent
- Reimagines and oversees implementation of the company’s performance management platform and creates applicable communication plans and training.
- Oversees the succession planning and talent management process for the business and partners with the CPO to drive the executive talent management and succession planning efforts for the business
- Collaborates and manage L&D consulting partners for leadership development programs for leaders at all levels to better lead self, lead others, let others lead, and lead the organization
- Creates curriculum and facilitates in both classroom and online settings
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
- Serves as the D&I subject matter expert by contributing perspective, insights, and knowledge, and taking a balanced consultative approach to enable leaders and employees to benefit from D&I through strategic and tactical/operational execution.
- Partners with leadership to assess where we are today to builds and launch company-wide D&I strategies to evolve Crown Media’s D&I progress.
- Oversees and aligns the company’s D&I Framework with the Hallmark enterprise framework and maintains processes and systems and works with CPO to hold leaders accountable for their support, implementation, and ownership of D&I in their departments.
- Builds and manages DEI initiatives, tracking outcomes, and sharing results to influence organizational culture and cultivate an inclusive workplace.
- Identifies diversity best practices and benchmarks as input for designing and implementing initiatives.
- Partners with CPO to design and execute CSR strategy and align with Crown Media’s and Corporate D&I programs
- Serves as primary point of contact for Employee Resource Council & Business Leader Team to inform and improve framework, processes; provides direction, support for actions and assessment of outcomes.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships across the Hallmark enterprise affiliates, the media industry D&I and diverse communities in all regions.
- Influences D&I content and programs for company townhalls; provide updates and report on initiative progress, new programs, demographics, metrics etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years L&D experience in small to mid-size organizations and 7+ years dedicated, full-time L&D strategic leadership.
- 5+ years’ experience implementing and oversight of DI strategies
- Prior experience with development, execution and oversight of strategic priorities
- Broad knowledge of inclusion, diversity and equity processes, best practices, and resources.
- Proven success developing and driving successful L&D and D&I strategies with clearly articulated outcomes, establish credibility with business leaders and understand business objectives and key levers of a business.
- Requires a demonstrated understanding of concepts related to diversity, equity, inclusion as well as the contexts and cultures within organizations that impact the implementation and management of effective change efforts
- Experience in working with the C-Suite and Senior Leaders.
- Strong project management skills, with expertise building, managing and scaling complex programs that involve a diverse audience, change management, and multiple organizational partners in a highly matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated ability to set clear and challenging goals, committing the organization to improved performance and accountable for driving results.
- Excellent presentation and platform skills
- Requires ability to understand data, metrics and analytics to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of learning programs and tools and drive outcomes.
- Must be able to effectively manage vendors, contractors, and work within a pre-defined budget
- Knowledge of organizational systems, human behavior, and training/development theory and methodology is strongly preferred
- Must have exceptional interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, with the ability to maintain a high degree of integrity, credibility, and trustworthiness
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, build trusting relationships, manage change, resolve conflicts, and build consensus across the enterprise, company, and within the HR organization.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, cloud and digital communication and presentation platforms and applications
Crown Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.