It’s an exciting time to join the Hallmark Channel family and become part of our award winning in-house creative agency, Crown Global Brand Group. We are a fun, collaborative, diverse and inclusive team of creatives who take pride in our work, company, and brand.
We’re on the search for an exceptional Art Director, Key Art to join this expanding creative team. The Art Director, Key Art is responsible for managing the day-to-day key art process for Hallmark Channel,
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, and Hallmark Movies Now. The ideal candidate is a highly creative thinker, collaborator, and problem-solver. The Art Director, Key Art should possess leadership experience with a strong creative and conceptual vision, tasteful design sensibilities, and an eye for detail. Our ideal candidate will enjoy working with both internal teams and external vendors to create innovative key art assets, be passionate about owning our brand, ensure designs support and evolve our brand aesthetic within the parameters of each brief while engaging and informing our target audiences.
Under the direction of the VP, Brand Design you will be responsible for managing and overseeing the creative and brand vision for all of Crown Media’s key art, partnering with our internal Production and Programming teams, as well as working with external agencies. The Art Director, Key Art oversees the day-to-day workflow of key art. In this position, the Art Director, Key Art also maintains strong project-management, organizational, design and proven conceptual skills. Candidate should have a sense of urgency, eagerness to take initiative, outside the box approach, resourcefulness, and strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Responsible for the direction of key art from concept to completion
- Manages and partners with external agencies in the creation of key art
- Utilizes exceptionally creative and conceptual key art skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment while balancing high-priority, long-term projects with short-term, immediate deadlines
- Must be able to communicate and work with key art photographers
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well within budget and deadline parameters
- Demonstrates an ongoing passion to stay current and ahead of latest creative trends and technical advancements.
- Team-player able to collaborate cross-functionally with Team Leaders on creative and brand development
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal, who understands the association between strategy, content, brand and audience
- Able to receive, modify or redevelop creative in response to feedback from Executive Leaders, internal partners and VP of Brand Design
- Proactively seeks out information when necessary
- Participate in brief, creative brainstorms and team meetings
- Translate Creative Brief concepts into effective and original creative
- Strategic thinker, with strong grasp of major print and key art trends and how to apply them to achieve brand goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Visual Arts or related field
- 8 years of managing and designing branded key art in the entertainment field or creative agency
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook experience
- Experience working with freelance photographers
- Experience managing talent on set
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge and passion for our brand
- Attention to detail, with strong organizational skills
- Excellent and articulate communicator/partner
- Passionate and curious about key art, design, TV, movies, streaming and all things entertainment.
- Has the ability to showcase diplomatic skills in the face of the unpredictable responds with a “can do” attitude to tight turnaround deadlines
- Must own an ugly holiday sweater!
Interested candidates may apply directly on the Crown Media career site:
Crown Media is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.