POSITION TITLE: Development Associate, Development
REPORTS TO: VP Development, Programming
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Interested applicants may apply directly on the Crown Media career site:
This position works closely with VP, Development to manage the development of original movie content for Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries. This position may also be assigned to handle special projects as necessary including, but not limited to, presentation preparation and comparative programming research. This position has no supervisory responsibility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Duties and responsibilities)
- Provides script coverage; gives notes on scripts, cuts of movies, and project ideas. Participates in note meetings with producers to guide development. Read all revisions and report the changes to the appropriate Executive.
- View all dailies and make recommendations if problem arise. (example: deviation from script, make up, wardrobe, focus or lack of coverage)
- Responsible for data entry and research needed to support the scheduling and acquisitions team. Also researches and inputs media and program information.
- Review creative submissions and make recommendations for programming development; reads and critiques submissions and maintains submission database.
- Interact on a daily basis with other divisions within the company regarding all matters that pertain to programming, including Publicity, Marketing, and Business & Legal Affairs.
- Provide support in pitch meetings with talent, agents, and show creators.
- Identify programming opportunities based on brand content, programming trends, and ways to meet the needs of audiences
- Coordinate script/project tracking.
- View submitted sizzle reels and write up coverage.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS; (The requirements that must be met by applicant)
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
- 3 years’ television experience
- PC skills
- Microsoft Office experience
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: (Other Characteristics/Competencies that may be assessed during the selection process)
- Must have excellent PC skills to perform job
- Cable and broadcast television knowledge
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to execute and deliver development notes and have established working relationships with creative community (agents, writers, producers).
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
- Must have the ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and have excellent follow-through skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have the ability to communicate professionally and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person and via e-mail and telephone.
Management reserves the right in its discretion to change duties and job requirements at any time, with or without notice.
Crown Media is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.