You're a seasoned journalist with a passion for distilling complicated stories for readers who are smart yet pressed for time. You're curious about a wide range of topics: business, finance, markets, economics, technology, politics and government. Bloomberg is looking for a dynamic editor to join its global QuickTake team to produce reader-friendly news explainers on these subjects in a variety of formats. The focus is on clear writing, authoritative material and an unbiased take.
You'll have the opportunity to contribute to a range of platforms: QuickTakes appear on terminal, web, print, video, mobile and radio products. The brand is still evolving, and you'll be an integral part of the team as it innovates. QuickTake editors produce pieces by working across Bloomberg's global newsroom of more than 2,700 journalists. They also work iteratively, sharpening each other's work. Thus, comfort with a highly collaborative setting is a must.
We'll trust you to:
- Conceptualize and edit news explainers, both breaking and feature pieces
- Simplify language, enabling the reader to see the forest and not just the trees
- Collaborate effectively across the team, the newsroom and various platforms
- Be adept at using graphics to illustrate complex material
- Years of experience editing at a senior level, including in a fast-paced news environment
- A flair for editing copy into standout text
- Comfort with having a background role on stories (no byline)
- The ability to distinguish authoritative sources, to research a topic thoroughly, and to fairly present both sides of an argument
- A proven record as a team player who collaborates easily and effectively
If this sounds like you: Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps- but in the meantime feel free to browse:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter