The 2021 cycle has officially been completed. You may submit an application form to be added to our database.
Thank you for your interest in the Emma Bowen Foundation internship program. Before you apply, please make sure to read the internship qualifications and review the application process steps.
The Emma Bowen Foundation promotes a more diverse industry by recruiting promising students of color like you and placing them in multi-year paid internships at some of the nation's leading media and tech companies.
Our three tracks highlight the many areas in which our Fellows intern.
- Content (broadcast and online journalism, production, social media, digital media, etc.).
- Business (finance, sales, human resources, marketing, public relations etc.)
- Innovation (computer science, engineering, data science, information technology, software development, etc.)
Whether you're interested in being a producer, a journalist, a web developer, an engineer, a business executive, a PR agent, a sales representative, or in any other career in media or tech, the Emma Bowen Internship is here to help you get your start. Hear more about EBF from previous fellows, alumni, and partners here: https://www.emmabowenfoundation.com/voices.
If you are selected as an Emma Bowen Fellow, you will have access to:
- A paid summer internship
- On-the-job training from top professionals and industry executives
- Our Annual Summer Conference
- The EBF Launch Career Activation Program
- Need-based academic scholarships
- A lifelong community of EBF peers, alumni, professionals, and partners
We look forward to receiving your application! Good luck!
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely and determine, in conjunction with our partners, any affects it may have on Summer 2021 internships. We are planning to have a full slate of internships, which are expected to be primarily in person, but might be remote/virtual as well, depending on the circumstances and how the COVID-19 situation evolves.