Atlas Obscura is seeking a Program Specialist to join our growing Experiences team. In September of 2020 we launched our first online courses—live, interactive classes taught by experts on topics rarely offered elsewhere. The response has been astounding. As a result, courses have become a core part of our business and we’re actively expanding our offerings, as well as the team of course instructors we work with. Working closely with our Experiences team, the person in this new role will drive the design and development of a segment of our course portfolio and will be instrumental in shaping the future of Atlas Obscura Courses.
Note, Atlas Obscura is a remote-first company, so you can work from anywhere within the continental United States.
- Research, design, develop, and execute a portfolio of unique online courses
- Expand our offerings by sourcing new course concepts and instructors
- Serve as the primary contact for course instructors
- In collaboration with our guest experience team, manage the flow of information between Atlas Obscura, our course participants, and instructors
- Work with a small, growing, ambitious team to help shape the future of Atlas Obscura’s online courses business
- Contribute to the evolution and refining of existing operations, exploring new course formats and partnerships
- At least three years of relevant professional experience, ideally managing educational programs (not necessarily in a traditional school or classroom environment) and/or interactive online programming
- A creative and collaborative approach to course design and development
- A thoughtful and attentive approach to account management
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Clear and consistent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet established deadlines and communicate in a timely manner
- Intuitive interpersonal skills
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Curiosity, openness to learning, and excitement to generate new ideas and take calculated risks
- Commitment to developing, implementing, and optimizing effective and consistent processes
- A healthy sense of humor
- A passion for Atlas Obscura’s core values (Be curious. Seek wonder, share wonder. Exploration is for everyone.) and a dedication to bringing these values to life through our course programming
Nice to Have
- Background in building creative education experiences in or outside traditional classrooms (especially online education)
- Strong relationships and experience working with expert educators
- Experience managing partnerships with established brands
Compensation is competitive and includes equity. Benefits for full-time employees include contributions toward health, dental, and vision for both employee and family. We value diversity and are committed to an inclusive work environment and a fair and consistent interview process.
To apply for this role, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest at the following link: https://atlasobscura.applytojob.com/apply/WOiVGBqtEt/Program-Specialist-Courses?source=emmabowen
About Atlas Obscura
Atlas Obscura is an award-winning travel company founded in 2009. Widely celebrated for building the definitive, community-driven guide to the world's hidden wonders, the company also offers unique online and in-person experiences, produces once-in-a-lifetime trips, and has published two New York Times bestselling books with more than a million copies in print. Atlas Obscura has been nominated for three National Magazine Awards, a James Beard Award, three Webby Awards, and in 2020 was named one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing companies. Having raised a $20M, Series B led by Airbnb last summer, Atlas Obscura is well-positioned for growth.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter