Sinclair Broadcast Group/Chattanooga needs a strong Director of Sales to help guide our local and national sales efforts. Successful candidate will possess strong leadership skills with the ability to direct a local sales team in selling new business and creating revenue streams through a multi-screen, integrated approach. Must have a successful track record in sales management, staff recruitment and developmental skills, as well as strong leadership capabilities.
In this position, you will:
- Achieve/exceed budgeted financial goals and grow the stations’ revenue share
- Train, manage and motivate all sales personnel
- Manage sales for the stations - including local, national and new business TV and digital interactive revenue streams
- Train sales team to sell products and services via Digital Solutions and Mobile Marketing
- Lead sales promotions and develop non-traditional revenue sources
- Manage and control sales revenue by developing strong relationships with local clients
- Work with the promotions department to create sales opportunities
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Additional responsibilities will include forecasting, inventory control & pricing, and new media and strategic planning. Excellent inventory management is essential, and familiarity with OSI is a plus.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in TV sales management
- Hands-on TV advertising sales and operational background
- Ability to grow revenue through digital interactive and other approaches
- Strong and positive leadership skills
- Highly skilled leader, negotiator and motivator
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven track record of new business success
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OSI or WideOrbit experience is preferred
Apply online at http://www.sbgi.net/careers
Sinclair Broadcast Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.