Sinclair Broadcast Group/Chattanooga needs a driven, energetic and creative full-time Assignment Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Gathering news affecting the community
- Preparing story items for presentation in the newscasts and on digital/social platforms
- Assisting in the efficient operation of the assignment desk
- Partnering with other members of the leadership team on strategy and marketing of news products
- Direct supervision of select staff members
Required skills and qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- A minimum of one (1) year of assignment desk experience or equivalent
- A commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong sense of organization and time management
- Basic computer knowledge/word processing skills
- General knowledge and interest in local, national and world news
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter and emerging social media
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in journalism is preferred
This is a full-time salaried position and will require working a flexible schedule that includes nights and holidays.
Apply online at www.sbgi.net.
Sinclair Broadcast Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.