WTVC NewsChannel 9/FOX Chattanooga has an immediate opening for a creative News Producer who will be responsible for the day-to-day production of newscasts. This position works closely with the newsroom managers on the newscast and its content. As the News Producer, you will determine the content and flow of newscasts, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories and develop website content.
- Solid news judgment
- Compelling and accurate writing
- Ability to multitask and manage time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
- Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
- Proficiency with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems such as iNews
- At least one (1) year of previous news producing experience at a commercial TV station
- Journalism degree preferred
Apply online at www.sbgi.net/careers
Sinclair Broadcast Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.