The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
The Creative Studio Manager is responsible for the staffing, budget tracking, vendor procurement, resourcing and licensing within the Bloomberg Media Studio. The Creative Studio Manager brings financial rigor to the Studio by tracking individual projects and overall department revenue, pricing out and managing production costs, sourcing and negotiating with external partners to meet resource needs, and finding cost efficiencies wherever possible. The Creative Studio Manager monitors, assigns and manages the resource needs of the Studio to ensure deliverables arrive on time and to specification.
We’ll trust you to:
- Assign studio resources to every project to ensure the delivery of work is timely and on budget. Be first point of contact for new project requests. Review and assess validity of requests to understand project details, creative ask, deadlines, and revenue
- Always look to streamline content efficiencies, ensure efficiency without comprising quality, and work in service of producing premium outputs. Not afraid to put a case together for better and more focused workflows
- Procure and onboard external partners, freelancers, talent/influencers, and others to assist the Studio. Help lead compensation negotiations, write-up contracts and manage invoicing in partnership with Bloomberg Legal and other relevant parties
- Administration of Studio software services, licensed media vendors, servers and archives
- Help elevate the Studio’s visibility both internally and within the industry by sharing breakout work, case studies and creating submissions for industry awards
- Track and report Bloomberg Media Studios's P&L on a monthly and annual basis. Run budgets and forecasts with transparency, managing risks and escalating concerns
- Responsible for identifying content development costs (in partnership with the Executive Producer for video) for Pre-Sale pitches and maintaining costs during Post-Sales execution. Includes tracking of team hours against specific projects
- Work with AdOps and Finance to develop new commercial revenue opportunities including partnerships and breakthrough Custom Content products unique to Bloomberg
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Project Management or a related field
- 10+ years’ experience in revenue and business operations of a creative/studio team
- Ability to work with clients, cross-functional parties and senior management on all aspects of the business
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and be skilled in managing peak periods of work
- Excellent communication skills, be positive but realistic with the ability to judge the appropriate way to communicate problems according to the audience
Does this sound like you?
Apply here: https://careers.bloomberg.com/job/detail/86902
We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.