The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source of information for the world's most influential business leaders.
Bloomberg Media Group is searching for a Custom Content Creative Lead who can take on a leadership role, always acting as an inspiration for the team. You have a strong background either in Copywriting, Journalism, Content Strategy or Video Storytelling. You’re comfortable both directing a cross-disciplinary team to produce breakthrough ideas and work, as well as “getting your hands dirty” as part of a larger team.
This is a contract position lasting through the end of June 2020.
We’ll trust you to:
- Generate innovative ideas across all existing and emerging platforms and inspire colleagues to create world-class, pioneering work and content
- Guide, teach and push members of the Creative teams in developing concepts and be part of the creative process from strategy to concepts to execution
- Autonomously own a large project from kickoff to completion, often balancing multiple projects at once
- Oversee and provide thought leadership in the assessment of existing properties for content value, relevance, aesthetics, branding and overall experience
- Champion principles of experience design and know when to bend the rules and look for opportunities to innovate
- Showcase your diverse creative skills, sharing the latest and greatest
- Collaborate with cross-functional team on implementation feasibility to ensure conceptual ideas are realizable
- Build confidence with clients through compelling presentation of experience and content ideas. Independent thinking and effective oral and written presentation skills are required
- Collaborate, multi-task and work efficiently under the pressure of deadlines
You’ll Need to have:
- 5-10 years of copywriting/content creation/experience design and strong interactive/digital work experience preferred
- Creative or content/publisher/agency/consultancy experience desired
- Experience managing, mentoring and evaluating teams
- Good presentation and time management skills
- Ability to explain abstract, complex or cutting-edge ideas in a straight-forward way
- Proven skills in presenting, client partnership and visual communication
- Knowledge of the capabilities of modern web technologies and desire to stay at the forefront as new technologies emerge
- Broad knowledge of social media and digital communications
- Advanced knowledge of interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing and the creative process
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely, helpful feedback to improve creative processes and to keep work on budget and schedule
- Candidate must be open to travel as needed
If this sounds like you:
Apply here: https://careers.bloomberg.com/job/detail/80317
We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.